Anyone tried to mod a P60L?

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
Alrighty,

I know some of you modders may have (or not) considered why the P60L is 80Lum with long run time. I think the current P60L is a great LED drop in for a BOB/camping scenario - good light for LOOOOOOOng runtime.

However for work I need straight horsepower. I would love the P60L modded to a P60L-HO - Malkoff like - 180-220 + lumens. Reason is the standard Drop in units don't work with most of Surefire's weapon lights due to the recoil isolation features. And having the drop in would be a great option in blinding tactical levels.

So has anyone consider this or started it? Anyone wanna try? I have a spare P60L I am willing to donate to the cause (I will buy the parts needed too) and will even pay for the work to be done as long as it is succesful ;-)

I tried a search and couldn't find anything about it yet.

TIA
Boltgun

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can a veteran modder like me turn this down :D

I've always wanted to try one of these but never got around to it. PM me and we can sort out the details.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really......I think another Drop-in would probably be a better solution. The P60L does not seem like a great place to start. I think a drop-in that has the light engine that is removable would be a better place to start.,...just my 2cents...

Any reason you want to stick with the Surefire model?

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
Yes please do tell us how you converted one? I am curious too!

BTW folks, CM is taking on the challange. Hopefully this won't be for naught, but it is worth a try.

Boltgun

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, I was totally joking about the HID....I thought my second post would clear that up.

The P60L is a great drop-in! I think it would be very cool if different output/runtime options were available.

Please keep us informed with CM's mod.

I also don't think you should have a problem with shock isolation in a weaponlight. LEDs have no filament or glass envelope to break. LEDs are very resistant to shock and should not present a problem with a weapon mounted light. Next time I go to the range I will try out several and report back and LED failures.

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
I also don't think you should have a problem with shock isolation in a weaponlight. LEDs have no filament or glass envelope to break. LEDs are very resistant to shock and should not present a problem with a weapon mounted light. Next time I go to the range I will try out several and report back and LED failures.

Actually the issue isn't with the LED itself. It can take a good deal of pounding. Also it really isn't an issue with most firearms. It's mainly with the 12 gauge that it becomes an issue.

The batteries themselves get knocked around alot. The biggest concern is the mass of the batteries knocking the back of the module. The other issue is for the lights that physically block this from happening. The latest versions of the M951 lights go as far as to have a plastic insert on the battery isolator collar between the M2 head and MH90 housing. This along with the isolator collar prevents my Lighthound drop ins from working. Hence the Surefire designed drop-in for the Surefire weaponlights. The only thing I don't like is the actual output for tactical use. Must have more power!!!

Boltgun

jugg2

Enlightened
I'm sorry, I was totally joking about the HID....I thought my second post would clear that up.

Oh, ok. I was hoping it was true, but then again I would have heard about something that cool by now if it was real. lol