x300 head on SF E series??? maybe???

dpenny3766

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone own a SF E series, and an X300, and tried swapping the head from the X300 to the 2 cell E body?

I have a E2D Defender sitting around... and I am getting sick of incan lights, and was wondering if the head would work? (right size, threads... so on). An all black 110 lumen TIR, would be a cool pocket thrower... :help:

first post on CPF, thanks guys!

Size15's

Flashaholic
:welcome:

The X300's bezel is sealed and can not easily be removed. I suggest it would be easier to modify a KX2 for higher output.

dpenny3766

Newly Enlightened
Yea that was my first thought, but something a bit brighter would be good. Thanks for the quick response and good info!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use one of my X200A's for EDC. I modified it using a Seoul LED and removed the lense and replaced it with a reflector. It is easily as bright as my L4 but throws a bit further.
I am pretty sure the threads are different therefore not allowing the swap.
That would look really cool though!

Oh....Welcome to CPF!!!

dpenny3766

Newly Enlightened
my skills are not quite there yet... but i like that idea a lot, i have a 1st gen e2l head sitting around that i want to tinker with, and i think that essentially is the same as the x200a with the TIR lens and such, but I need to get a better understanding of the circuitry and the know how to wire up such a mod. Thanks!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1 is similar but not the same as the X200A's TIR optic. The KL1 is a great head to mod. I use the Seoul LEDs and relpace the optic with a reflector. I think you would be extremely happy with this set-up.

Much brighter and a much more usable beam

dpenny3766

Newly Enlightened
OOO sounds nice, could I be a bother and ask where I can get a diagram, step by step, to mod my KL1? I know where to get the parts and I am mechanically enclined so if i had the directions I could do it. Thanks a lot! :twothumbs