Question for Police Officers about a light

KingGlamis

Banned
My Dad got me this light for Christmas. It's a cheap LED from China. Is there any law against having something that says "Police" on it? I kind of doubt I would get hassled for having this light on me, but thought I should ask anyway. Thanks.

IMGP1339.jpg

djblank87

Enlightened
KG, I'm not an LEO, but I was in the military and I can tell you that a light that says "Police" on it should not be a problem at all.

Your not impersonating an officer, your not doing anything wrong. Your light has the words Police on it but, I can assure you that you will most likley never have a problem because the light says Police on it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Just don't hit anyone with it and you'll be fine. Or hit someone with it and ask the officers that stop by what they think.:devil:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will be fine. All that is, is a marketing gimmick!:D Enjoy your new flashlight!!

Mike

Pierat

Newly Enlightened
You can even buy a used firearm with police stamped on it and its perfectly legal........ hopefully that makes you feel better :)

mr45acp2u

Newly Enlightened
As you live not to far from me and are governed by the same statutes, and as an LEO, I can tell you that there are no legal issues, unless you are using the light to try and get people to believe you are an LEO. ;)

But you never can tell how you will be treated by the LEO's you bump into. Most of us are good resonable people, but there are a few nuts in our brotherhood as well.

stay safe and enjoy your light

mr45acp2u

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:If you get caught with that, the cops will go Rodney King on you!!:crackup:

gjg

Enlightened
You need to tell your dad that it MAY be illegal, and you really need something that says "SureFire", and maybe "M6" instead... No issues with the police then, and what dad wouldn't want to keep their kid out of trouble? :grin2:
gg

My Dad got me this light for Christmas. It's a cheap LED from China. Is there any law against having something that says "Police" on it? I kind of doubt I would get hassled for having this light on me, but thought I should ask anyway. Thanks.

D-Dog

Enlightened
You need to tell your dad that it MAY be illegal, and you really need something that says "SureFire", and maybe "M6" instead... No issues with the police then, and what dad wouldn't want to keep their kid out of trouble? :grin2:
gg

:lolsign:

mercop

Newly Enlightened
Most places don't prohibit citizens from having anything that says POLICE on it, only identifying themselves to others as a LEO. Most of the time that is a badge, ID and uniform. Losing your ID is worse than the badge.