Flashlight power comes to aid in power outage.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last sunday the power went out due to high winds downing power lines here in NE Ohio. My 3 yr old son who has severe asthma, was in the middle of getting an asthma treatment with his nebulizer machine when the power went out. My wife who was giving him the treatment said "oh no, now what".

(Sound of heavenly orchestra music) :twothumbs

I have a Sams Club power-on-board 20 mil CP spotlight with 12v DC power outlet in the back. The nebulizer has a 12 v car adapter and instead of taking him out in the cold in the car, I hooked it up to the 12v outlet in the back of the spotlight and finished up his asthma treatment. The spotlight also has an LED light in the front which we did not need since it was still light out.

So via flashlight power, :grin2: we were able to continue administering his breathing treatment! This has also prompted us to buy a lead acid battery 12v portable power supply for emergency back up and for when we are out and about and may need a portable power source.

Once again, just another reason to jusitfy being a flashaholic.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have asthma, although havnt had problems with it in awhile, it seems under control, but i know what it feels like, and I am personally very glad that your flashlight could power your sons nebuliser..

Funny how you would expect this thread to be about how the insane brightness lighted up..blah blah blah...:)

Crenshaw

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a "power cube" SLA-brick-in-a-case some time ago. It has a standard car lighter socket (fused), a few (unregulated, fused) reduced voltage barrel sockets and two sockets in the back that tap straight to the battery bypassing the fuses altogether.

I've found it useful loads of times. I ran a 20W halogen bulb off it when I still didn't have illumination in my home, I use it to run the transmitter for my RC toys, the battery charger if for some reason I can't/don't want to use AC power, and so on.

All houses should have one. :)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
wOOt!
Flashlights to the rescue!
I have an old Vector Spotlight with a 12V DC outlet. I've been considering buying a nice generator but I haven't set aside the money for it yet. Best wishes to your son.

DaveG

Enlightened
Nice going LED,those 12v power packs can come in handy for sure.I have one that is very usefull in a power outage.