Where to find "old" Inova X1 ?

Saiga

Enlightened
I've been hunting the older Inovas,the single-battery T1 and the longer running X1. After being incorrectly sent the newer T1 by Batteryjunction and just giving that to my brother for Christmas, and then the same thing happening from some Louisiana knife company (it's going back) i FINALLY found an old T1, the company just e-mailed my order confirmation saying i got the last one ! Well,OK then.
So lately i've been pushing my Google-Fu up to,and apparantly beyond it's limits. I can't seem to find an older X1. Lots of folks advertising the old light,but no one seems to have them.I now know better than to go by the product description and order on-line, i'm calling direct and confirming (or not) by phone.Does anyone have any clue where i might cam find one of these ? Thanks......:thumbsup:

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes Target has old stock. I just picked up a 2nd gen X1 from the back of the stack of new X1s.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Target carries the gen2 and gen3. I haven't seen the gen1 (which I assume is the one you want) for years. Your best bet is posting in BST, as someone on CPF would probably be willing to part with one.

Target does carry a RiverRock 1xAA light with a side clicky that produces the same style beam as the gen1 X1.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
...So lately i've been pushing my Google-Fu up to,and apparantly beyond it's limits. I can't seem to find an older X1. Lots of folks advertising the old light,but no one seems to have them.I now know better than to go by the product description and order on-line, i'm calling direct and confirming (or not) by phone.Does anyone have any clue where i might cam find one of these ? Thanks......:thumbsup:
INOVA really hosed the lovers of the original X1 by not giving the completely different lights that followed it a new name. They may as well just name all of their lights JOE. When CMG went away I did lots of searching and was able to find the old Infinities I wanted but the X1 situation is completely different -- with thousands of out of date web pages hawking the discontinued X1 and probably ten times that selling two totally different lights with the same name, finding old ones is nearly impossible.

I wonder what INOVA had in mind coming out with new lights and naming them after old ones. /scratches head -- blinks

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
Thanks for the speedy, enthusiastic replies,everyone. I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd generation i'm looking for. As i understand,this latest 3rd gen came around last May. The surest way i know to tell the difference is looking at the package, if it says "2.0 watt LED" in the upper right side of the package, it's the newest model,and not the one i'm after ( thanks to Kilovolt who posted those pics of the 3 different packages) . I talked with a couple operations today that went and checked their stock for me,so far,no joy. I have a couple other leads but have to wait till monday to call. I may end up taking one of you guys up on your offers. Thanks again....

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
Hey Marnav1, I'm interested.Can you tell me what you'd be asking ? Is it is in Ok condition ? Black or Ti finish? Thanks...M.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been hunting the older Inovas,the single-battery T1 and the longer running X1. After being incorrectly sent the newer T1 by Batteryjunction and just giving that to my brother for Christmas, and then the same thing happening from some Louisiana knife company (it's going back) i FINALLY found an old T1, the company just e-mailed my order confirmation saying i got the last one ! Well,OK then.
So lately i've been pushing my Google-Fu up to,and apparantly beyond it's limits. I can't seem to find an older X1. Lots of folks advertising the old light,but no one seems to have them.I now know better than to go by the product description and order on-line, i'm calling direct and confirming (or not) by phone.Does anyone have any clue where i might cam find one of these ? Thanks......:thumbsup:

Fry's Electronics sells generation 2 X1.

I cannot find the generation 1 X1 anymore.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
The Fry's in Phoenix (both the North Phoenix one and the South Phoenix one) only have the Gen 3's.

So the Gen 2's are getting harder and harder to find.

I'm about ready to put my two Gen 2's up for sale in BST if there's this much demand. I'm not that attached to mine.

-Steve

Fry's Electronics sells generation 2 X1.

I cannot find the generation 1 X1 anymore.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO these are as hard as hens teeth to find. too bad really the GEN 1 X1 was well it still is a very unique light. I suspect that INOVA just found it too expensive to make so they checked out on the design.
Honestly I own 2 inova models the X5 and the X1. When Inova changed the X1 the way they did they lost me as a customer.
I have 3 or 4 x1's and will never let them go.
I would recommend that you place a WTB ad in the marketplace forum and follow up with those Cpf's who have said they had one they would sell you right in this thread.
Good luck.
Oh and if you happen to find a mine of NOS let us know so we can buy more. I would like a few new red and green and white units.
Yaesumofo

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO these are as hard as hens teeth to find. too bad really the GEN 1 X1 was well it still is a very unique light. I suspect that INOVA just found it too expensive to make so they checked out on the design.
Honestly I own 2 inova models the X5 and the X1. When Inova changed the X1 the way they did they lost me as a customer.
I have 3 or 4 x1's and will never let them go...

...Oh and if you happen to find a mine of NOS let us know so we can buy more. I would like a few new red and green and white units.
Yaesumofo
Roger that on the GEN 1s -- if anyone sees some at or below retail (stranger things have happened), order what you need and then post the link here. I'm sure that there are still a few GEN1s sitting in boxes on shelves here and there -- I was still picking up old rare CMG Infinities with blue/green LEDs two years after Gerber bought them out but that was a much easier search. I'm subscribed to all of the threads where folks are looking for X1s for that reason -- I've picked up a few more that way.

Last edited: