New P60 drop-in with linear brightness control

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it's more or less like the rest of its other drop-in. Anyway, I have one of its 3-stage module and plan to get a 2-stage module. For me, the linear brightness control might be fun and to impress friends but a 2-stage module is more practical for daily usage.

Alan

BobP

Newly Enlightened
I have my reservations about the DI module - But if they were to introduce a 2 or 3 stage unit with programmable brightness.... this would be the ultimate solution for many!

bspofford

Enlightened
Dereelight seems to be on the cutting edge of P60 modules, and this one looks promising. I'm going to order a few ASAP!

dave43

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused...the website says it works in G2 and 6P but these models only use CR123's.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at this module and forgive my ignorance but what is OP and SMO on the reflector types?:confused:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single 17670 powers all my G2 lights. OP = Orange Peel (for a scattering, even textured beam), SMO = SMOoth (for a more concentrated, directed beam).

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single 17670 powers all my G2 lights. OP = Orange Peel (for a scattering, even textured beam), SMO = SMOoth (for a more concentrated, directed beam).

A 17670 should work fine with this new drop-in, and I think the site may even list 18650/17670, but I'd have to double check.

Also there was already a topic about this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186030

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my ideal module. I love the ability to set the exact level needed for any particular situation. No longer limited to one or two levels. is great!!
I want one but it doesn't seem to be available yet.
Countg me in.
Funnt receintly I posted some where that I wanted a drop in which operates this exact way and here it is!!
Fantastic.
Yaesumofo

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight seems to be on the cutting edge of P60 modules, and this one looks promising. I'm going to order a few ASAP!

I am very impressed about their engineering capability. Upgradability on pill only; support of unprotected cell; having one single pill with swappable reflector; 2-stage, 3 stage and now linear yet current regulated; memorize last mode; and I don't know what will be next:)

More, they price it right:)

Alan

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
DereeLight is doing us proud. :thumbsup:
I'll be needing one or two of these soon. Now we just need Dereelight to make a black CL1H :devil:

bspofford

Enlightened
This is my ideal module. I love the ability to set the exact level needed for any particular situation. No longer limited to one or two levels. is great!!
I want one but it doesn't seem to be available yet.

Today I received some 3SD modules that I ordered from Dereelight only 4 days ago! The new variable brightness Q5 module is available, and getting it directly from Dereelight is quicker than waiting for US dealers to carry it.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check again. :)

Other topic: Yesterday, 06:55 PM
This topic: Today, 02:56 PM

Oops.. My bad. I should rephrase it now as I thought this post was a few hours earlier than the one you posted:-(

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. The link in the #1 does show its name. I guess its title describe better for its content than putting up a new product name. I would be more interested in reading something like "New AA light with 300 lumen" than "New BC9023 from Company ABC". Nonetheless, I would not have started this thread if I knew the other link was existed.