Surefire Shotgun Forends

emc002

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any details on the Surefire H23G forend?
I found a reference for a H23 that states it is for the Mossberg 590 shotgun, but nothing ont he H23G.

Also, does anyon know if the H23G will work for the Mossberg 500?

Thanks!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Okay, lets deal with what the "H23G" is first:
The H23G is a very old model.

H indicates Housing (forend) only. No Lamp Module.

23 indicates it is the forend housing for the Mossberg 590 (although not one with a 14" barrel)

G indicates that the rocker switch disables the light - that's to say that the momentary-on tape pressure switch is disabled when the rocker switch is 'off'. When the rocker switch is 'on' the light can be activated using the momentary-on tape pressure switch. Both switches are built into the forend housing. No exposed cables or wiring.

In the very old model numbering system 22 was for the Mossberg 500, and 21 was for 500 and 590 with 14" barrels. "F" (rather than G) indicated that the rocker switch was for constant-on (rather than disable)

In addition to the H23G a Lamp Module is required. Most common is the L60 (P60 lamp assembly). Other Lamp Modules include the L90 (P90 lamp) and LM90 (MN10 lamp).

With that out of the way lets get current:

(current shotgun forend WeaponLights have grey rubber grip panels)

Mossberg models 500 and 590 use SureFire 623FA or 623FGA.
"FA" indicates momentary-on tape pressure switch and constant-on rocker switch.
"FGA" indicates momentary-on tape pressure switch and constant-on rocker switch and system disable rocker switch.

"6" indicates that it comes with the L60 Lamp Module (P60 incandescent lamp). (9 indicates that it comes with the LM90 Millennium Series Lamp Module, MN10 lamp - check via photos that this is the case because this was a relatively recent change from the L90 previously used)

In the event that you want to use a P60L LED lamp assembly you don't have to use the Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel. You can use the smaller diameter and shorter Z44-BK (standard 6P bezel)

I hope this helps?

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
My very first SureFire was for my M1 90 Super Tactical. It was the brightest flashlight in my house at the time. I was only 18 then, so only had money to play with Pelican lights.