replacement bulb for Streamlight Scorpion

rala

Newly Enlightened
My coworker just burnt out his incan Streamlight Scorpion and wants to replace the bulb. But, besides the factory parts, I didn't know what else he could use since I have no experience with this particular light. Does anyone here know of any other replacements he could use? Or better yet, if any of the cree modules would fit? He doesn't want to spend too much, so I'm leaning more towards the DX stuff. His interest in lights is growing and I'd hate to scare him off with something high dollar.

Last edited:

bagman

Enlightened
There shoud be spare bulb in the bulb holder or you can get a Strion bulb and just pop in a protected 17670 battery.

Illum

Flashaholic
There shoud be spare bulb in the bulb holder or you can get a Strion bulb and just pop in a protected 17670 battery.

keeping in mind some bodies require some sanding for 17670s to fit

the good thing about scorpions is the spare lamp on the bottom of the lamp holder, but remember which holes the lamp goes in. I've been told that there are 4 holes on the lamp holder

rala

Newly Enlightened
the spare bulb is a no go. it was the spare he just blew. plus he told me that he still has a large supply of primaries, and since this is his only light that uses cr123's, he really doesn't want to go the rechargeable route just yet...

slo-ryd

Newly Enlightened
I blew the main and the spare within a week of getting mine. Ordered a pair of bulbs from Batteries Plus here in town and haven't blown one since. :shrug: