SureFire E1B "BACKUP" NEW MODEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence

Enlightened
I just noticed this model "E1B BACKUP" on the SureFire website. I have never seen nor heard of it before now. I was placing an order and tried to add it to my cart without luck. You can bet I'll be on the phone to them when they open this morning. It's an LED with two levels, 5 and 80 lumens, TIR lens, and single cell 123, $110. It does not look like any of their other models, and boasts no knurling to catch on clothes. It has a unique pocket clip that allows for bezel up or down and general appearance is very smoothe and almost "sleek". Sounds like it is primarily marketing to law enforcement "plain clothes" assignments, or as a "backup" to a primary duty light. I instantly liked it and have to have one. Has anybody purchased and taken delivery of one yet? Funny, they don't have a "New" model tag anywhere with the model on the website, have I just missed it all this time, or is it a for real, new model that they have just slipped into their line-up, go figure? I'm dying to know more! Help me, please. I really hope this isn't another "L5" type caper, where they put the new, improved "L5" in their 2007 catalog, but have no release date!

Spence
icon5.gif
shrug.gif

thinking.gif
rant.gif
:confused:
sigh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.