Is there a KL4 head shortage or something?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
I've called every SureFire dealer in Phoenix that is within 20 miles of me. Not one of them carries the KL4 head.

Yeah, I've got the TW4 building bug bad. But still - you'd think that it would be a useful add on.

Nope. No one carries it in stock. Lots have offered to order one for me if I prepay - which isn't a good deal since I get free shipping for anything 99 bucks and up...and pay no tax.

So - do the dealers just not stock them?

-Steve

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL4 has allways been difficult to get even when they were available.
They come up on a regular basis on the BST fourm.
Check with Lighthound, I used to get them from him with ease.
Keep at it.
Yaesumofo

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, it's available if I order direct from SF. I'm pairing them up with the last of my VG FB1's that I've ordered.

Of course, I might be building something worthless since the SF Backup got announced.

-Steve

cy

Flashaholic
I've got available a TW4 with two stage LOTC tailcap (tailcap w/mce2s usually sells for $55)
need to check for condition, but seems it was mint or close to it.

this one runs fine on CR123 and R123 li-ion. it was one of my keepers, but has sadly been sitting in my gun safe. time to let someone else enjoy this light.

this TW4 was sent in to ARC awhile back, when Peter was doing testing with integrating sphere.
never did get the results of test, but this TW4 was the brightest of all KL4's I've played with.

$175 shipped conus, insurance is extra.

Please PM if interested... thanks,

Last edited:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Same cost as direct from SureFire - so I'm likely going to go direct with them unless I can find something similar for less.

And BST works - I got another KL4 that will hit my door tomorrow. The KL4 that I got from DeFABRICATA is so nice, that's gonna end up being one of my rare safe queens.

Check with Optics HQ. I got a HA-BK one from them not long ago.