LED Tails please

Casebrius

Newly Enlightened
Can someone point me in the direction of torches with LED (either constant on or strobe) tailcaps. I'd like one for urban walks. Thanks

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Can someone point me in the direction of torches with LED (either constant on or strobe) tailcaps. I'd like one for urban walks. Thanks

pila flashlights have choice of colors in their tailcaps, but I have a bad feeling that the caps won't work with LED p-60 drop-ins.

Greenled has one FS in the marketplace (not affiliated with him)

Phil

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound.com has the G&P strobe tailcaps. I have one and enjoy it, but don't use it much.....nice option though!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
pila flashlights have choice of colors in their tailcaps, but I have a bad feeling that the caps won't work with LED p-60 drop-ins.

Greenled has one FS in the marketplace (not affiliated with him)

Phil

Unfortunately this is true, the tailcaps will only work in combination with a incan main bulb.

Dudemar

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Would you like the flashlight to have a strobe mode(usually controlled by the driver which is not in the tailcap) or would you like for the tailcap to have blinking LEDs.

Casebrius

Newly Enlightened
I want a strobe or just medium brightness LED in the tailcap so cars coming up from behind can see me walking. Saw the idea originally with Pila lights and was just wondering if anyone else has put them out.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a strobe or just medium brightness LED in the tailcap so cars coming up from behind can see me walking. Saw the idea originally with Pila lights and was just wondering if anyone else has put them out.

This is interesting, I actually use a Pila for the same exact purpose. I attach the Codex module to my GL3 Cree, put it in strobe, and the drivers will have a chance to notice me. Other than this, you can carry two lights: your main light, and a second to light the ground behind you in a sweeping motion. I realize this isn't a tailcap solution, just putting out a few ideas.

Dudemar

KeeperSD

Enlightened
That's a *tiny* indicator LED, not meant for illumination tasks.

IMO, Pila lights offer the only sensible option as far as combining a low output LED tailcap with an incan lamp in the same light.

(Yes, I do have a Pila GL4 for sale at the MP)

Pila and Wolf Eyes of course :poke: :D

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
...so cars coming up from behind can see me walking.
It takes only a second to flip the light so it's shining behind you. 100 lumens never fails to get a drivers attention, no matter which direction they're headed:D