new to forum... future flashlight addict!!!

MrValiant

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

this is an exciting site! I can so tell I am going to get addicted to this! Maybe there should be a support group for flashlight addicts... F.A.A.

I'll start posting once I can post without looking stupid. ;)

you all rock!

Bryan

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

this is an exciting site! I can so tell I am going to get addicted to this! Maybe there should be a support group for flashlight addicts... F.A.A.

I'll start posting once I can post without looking stupid. ;)

you all rock!

Bryan
This is the support group!
Every time you want to buy another light we will support you!

DieselTech

Enlightened
...And every time you're torn between two different light, we'll support them both! :devil: Seriously...buy both. Whenever you're in doubt, buy both. It's what CPF would do. :thumbsup:

Hang onto your wallet. :welcome:

rtt

Enlightened
:welcome: Stay awhile, you will learn a lot. Oh by the way there are no stupid questions. There are many knowlegable CPF people here!

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF MrValiant! I'm glad to see you decided to take the plunge and dive in here!

MrValiant

Newly Enlightened
the next light I want to build would be a 35W 5000k MR16 bulb Maglite base that doesn't get hot... heatsinked head? with a runtime of an Hr or more at 35W. I'd also like it to have a full dimmer all the way to off. I would if possible use AA's I am a huge fan of AA's but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks, Bryan

MrValiant

Newly Enlightened
my second light would be a maglite based light with three bulbs in the head like you see all the time with LED's but with three 15 watt 6V halogen bulbs used in the Sunpak readylite 20.... but I would like the run time to be an hour or more.... Any ideas?

;) Bryan

DM51

Flashaholic
It sounds as if you should take a look round the Incan section, and maybe Homemade & Modified too.

I'll leave this thread here in 'General Flashlights' for the time being though, unless or until it takes off in one or other of those directions - it can be moved later if needed.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Just be careful how you tell people . . . . I was at my kid's school for a parent/teacher conference and someone overheard me say that I thought I was becoming a "flashahoic."

Next thing I knew, I was face down on the floor getting kicked and handcuffed!! Evidentally, they were thinking something COMPLETELY different!

Okay, I made all of that up. But be CAREFUL. You have the right idea saying "addict."

:nana: