• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED (THANKS) FREE Fiber Mule disks now GITD CF disks too!!!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
blueCRSM.jpg

redblackCRSM.jpg

smallSACRVER3.jpg

CLOSED!!!!

HI guys this program is now closed. I sent about 20 sets out to people all over the world.
PLease post images in this thread if you can of the end result.

Almost everybody received a complete set of disks including a
pure black
blue
red black
and a GLOW IN THE DARK.
all were free to everybody who asked.
A big Thanks to taking part in this giveaway.
Yaesumofo

Hey guys In succeeded in making these.
They are free You need to send a self addressed stamped envelope to me and I will get them right out to you.
There is a bit of room around the emitter to compensate for off center emitters.
On the back of the envelope please note your preference. REDBLACK or blue.

NEW INFO!!!:

So I have been playing with Glow in the dark powder (strontium aluminate)recently and I have developed a NEW technique for making a really nice glow disk which is EPOXY FREE!!!
OK here is the problem I only have a certain number of CF disks to work with. So I will only include a glow disk if a specific request is made.
In any event the GITD disks I am now making look very good. So if you want one you know what to do...

I bought a sheet of carbon fiber and was sent a boat load.
I took these sheets to a buddy how has a $100K+ laser cutting machine.
It took a bit of trial and error but we got the 250 watt carbon dioxide laser to do the work. NO they aren't absolutely perfect. there is enough space around the emitter to deal with most of the offcenterdness.

OK that's it.
If you have a aleph mule or any light which shows the inside of a light engine or you just want to hide the light engine these will work for you.
PM me for the address to send the envelope to.
Do me a favor and please don't ask for more than 1 for now. I have about 30 or 40 of each and would like to see as many people get them as possible.
With the recent upsurge in ALEPH MULE flashlights (Don's least expensive light for a long time) Ans the long delay in the recent offering (which I am sure will turn out better) I figured I would do these and give them away to tide us over until the other units arrive.
OK there you have it. Never say I never offered to give you something FREE.
Yaesumofo
BTW if you want to know what is wrong with these is that while I think they look really cool IMHO if the CF weave Wis made up of smaller tighter strands this would look a whole hell of a lot better.
NOW that I can cut them you never know I may find a thicker panel with a smaller weave to work with and do this again since I think that would make these a better product.

BTW Just because these are free doesn't mean cheap or low quality or anything like that. The materials which have gone into these disks are high quality carbon fiber and carbon fiber composites. The blue stuff is made from a Blue Hexcel Texalium Panel .
The red black is Orange Carbon/Kevlar.

In any event the raw materials are not cheap neither is Co2 laser run time. Normally. But I have friends....

I did this in order to satisfy my own need to play with Carbon fiber. I did just that. I set out to make these and did. I did it really cheaply too. Personally I am impressed and I think you will be too.

I have found the CF panels cheap because I bought cutoffs the end parts which nobody wants but were perfect for my needs.
I have buddies with cool tools like Co2 Lasers. Anyway don't be shy in asking for one I have plenty to go around. I want to spread 'en as far and as wide as possible. If yo think you have an aleph mule in your future go ahead and send me a SASE and I will send you a disk.

The Catch is that I don't want to deal with packing, postage and paypal.
I will send these out as soon as I get the SASE.
So PM me and I will send you my address.
Now enjoy these!!
Yaesumofo

INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!
If you do not have US postage to send please send 1 (one)International Reply Coupons.
and an self addressed envelope.
This will get you a set.
IRC's usually cost about $2.00 (US equivalent) and are available at many post office's.

OK guys. I have decided to give this project one more week.
so you guys have untill monday feb 18 2008 to get your envelope to me. After that this program will be done.

CLOSED
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: FREE carbon Fiber Mule disks!!

Cool! :thumbsup:

(Apparently so cool, that I double posted!)

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look great! PM sent for 1 red/black. Thanks!:twothumbs

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice gesture.
And wow, the red black one looks tiiight. =)
Too bad I don't have a mule, lol.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool gesture sir!:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Now if I only had a mule...:confused:

Mayo

jsw4178

Newly Enlightened

Very kind of you!! PM sent!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Wow! Though I don't have a Mule...THANKS for offering these to the members!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

When I send you your mule glow disk, maybe you'll send me back something eh?! Make it something blue if you could.
Very cool by the way.
Good job.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

GUY's it is important that you follow the instructions to write your color choice on the SASE. If there is no color prefrance on the envelope I will send a random color.
PLease Do NOT request a color in the PM to me I am deleting these and NOT keeping track of the color requests.
I have designed this giveaway to be easy on me and keeping track of what colors want is NOT EASY.
Sorry but this is how it has to be I have allready done the work I plan to do on this project. I paied for the materials and drove 60 miles to get the disks cut out. I am not going to do record keeping too.

Yaesumofo

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM sent for red/black. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Tanasit

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got your PM and SASE sent out today.
Many thanks,
Tanasit

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

HI guys. I have sent out the first 5 sets of mule disks today. Yes I said sets. I decided that since the response was low and the number of disks I made were pretty high that I would send out 3 disks to each person who asks.
That's one blue, one red black and one in black.
The black carbon fiber sheets were the thinnest and for some reason the laser just tore the stuff up.
I find carbon fiber as a material very interesting.
I am very surprised nobody has made tubes from the stuff for aleph's or 6 P's

I found a shop that makes Carbon fiber pole vaults and they say that embedding wires and connectors into the material is not really a problem.
I also learned that CF is a very good heat mover ( the epoxy which is used to make the panels is NOT very good at moving heat.
Anyway I may find myself looking further into this carbon fiber world looking for other cool ways to use it in the world of flashlights.
The pole vault factory really was a breakthrough. You wouldn't believe the strength of some of the tubes they showed me..and they were/are very thin walled. the rigidity is amazing. This shop also works in fiberglass. they often mix the two and they do stuff in Kevlar as well.
I can't tell you how amazed I was at the super light weight thin walled tubes this place showed me. they had me a 3 foot piece of this stuff right around an inch in diameter with a wall thickness of around 1/10 inch. I couldn't bend this tube in any way. sounds like a material which would work fine for a flashlight tube. moving electricity through their stuff is more of a challenge but it is nowhere near impossible.
The connection between CF tubes and aluminum parts is my next area of research.

Sorry to drag my own thread off topic....
Yaesumofo

Don't get too excited the black being the thinnest material did not do very well under the pressure of the co2 laser.

What I plan on doing for a couple of mine is taking one of the blue and one of the red black and gluing them together.
This will result in a reversible disk which looks cool either way it is installed.
I haven't counted the disks but after sending out 15 pieces the pile doesn't look any smaller so if you own a Mule or are even thinking about owning a mule then send me an envelope and I will send you a couple.
Yaesumofo