Newbie wants to mod Inova T3...

Xak

Enlightened
I am going to order a flashlight from this website that also happens to sell the SSC P4 Star MCPCB (U Rank).

Is this the proper Seoul P4 to put in my Inova T3?

Is this super difficult for a newbie?

Is there anything else I need to purchase to put a Seoul in my T3?

http://www.amilite.co.kr/

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Modding any of the Inova lights is really hard from what I've head. I'm not sure if the newer ones are easier or not.

The LED should work with both the reflector and optic version.

DX also has the SSC for a sightly cheaper price.

1 what

Enlightened
I agree with gunner12. Inova mods can frustrate you ++++ and can be very difficult due to the construction teqs used.
There are any number of inexpensive (ie DX lights) that you can mod without the tears if you want some "modding experience".

Xak

Enlightened
Well, it's just that I have this T3 hanging around that is not so bright compared to the newer stuff coming out. Thought I could toss a new LED in it instead of buying a new light. I really like the new Insight H2x Typhoon 2, but thought I could save the money by dropping a Seoul in my Inova and then I would have a light just as bright. If it's a huge headache perhaps I will buy a new light someday instead.

BTW the Inova is an older one with the silver bezel and an optic. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
new/old ... does not really make a difference, except You have the better one - to mod the BARREL (to fit 18xxx Li-Ion cells inside).

When opening the Inova (freeze-pop) You will very certainly kill the driver.
So its a real difficult mod:
opening,
making a (better than the original) new sink,
getting an aftermarket reflector for the led indended (optic sucks + is too long for this mod)
getting a suiting driver
choosing the "right" battery size and milling the body
mounting everything
keep us updated please :)

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
new/old ... does not really make a difference, except You have the better one - to mod the BARREL (to fit 18xxx Li-Ion cells inside).

When opening the Inova (freeze-pop) You will very certainly kill the driver.
So its a real difficult mod:
opening,
making a (better than the original) new sink,
getting an aftermarket reflector for the led indended (optic sucks + is too long for this mod)
getting a suiting driver
choosing the "right" battery size and milling the body
mounting everything
keep us updated please :)

Oh, See I read on other posts that flashlights using certain LED's (Luxeon III i think) work well with Seoul P4's because they are the same height or something.

I was kinda looking forward to seeing the Seoul through the optic, it is a pretty nice beam, just not nearly bright enough.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
till now, there are Luxeon K2 inside the inovas, Seoul does not pysically fit into the space of that heat"sink" thingy inside them
(if someone would see that as "sink") :rolleyes:

and there is no other way than freeze-pop to open them without damage to the finish of the light.
I have done this to 4 Inovas now (old and new T1s, old T2) and every time else the circuit or the led, or both, have been killed.

If You are lucky, the driver will not be cracked and the housing of the Seoul could be modded to fit into the K2s place, then that mod is possible. There surely will be quite some members here that will love Your findings. Take some pics please
:)

but I think to remember anyone has mentionned in there that they might plan on using brighter led in the near future ?