Nova-Tac customer service?

bagman

Enlightened
Appologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I am having problems with the switch on my HDS EDC and emailed the address on Nova Tac's web site on wednesday morning (UK time) so they have had 3 full working days but I have not received a reply.

Is this normal?

This is absolutely not a flame or trouble making post, I am just after advice.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
From HDS' website.

-Steve
-------

http://www.hdslights.com/

Warranty Service on EDC UltimateTM and EDC BasicTM Flashlights

Effective immediately, we will provide warranty service for the EDC Ultimate and EDC Basic flashlights. As we have no spare parts, tools or fixtures, we will replace flashlights we cannot fix with new flashlights. We will honor the light output, runtime and tint quality specifications of the light exchanged. If your light must be exchanged and you would rather upgrade to one of our standard models, we will provide you an $80 credit toward the purchase of one of our standard models. Why? We sold the EDC product line in May 2006 along with all of the tooling, spare parts and fixtures required to provide warranty repairs. We recently learned from our valued customers that warranty service is no longer being provided for these products. We find this unacceptable.
We want you to know that we value you as a customer. And we want you to know we are here for the long term. We appreciate your business and hope that when it's time for you to get a new flashlight, you will think of us.
We expect the replacement flashlights to be available in late March - so please be patient.

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
Try Jim at novatac. He was very helpful, quick, and patient with me when I had to do a replacement. Email reply time was generally within hours.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
When I attempted to go through Novatac I was told they don't have spare parts and that they would apply a credit towards a new light. I didn't want a Novatac, I liked my HDS just fine. It appears others experience has been the same, others has been different - as was yours slvoid.

Getting it fixed may be not be likely, but you never know until you try. If you're told it's not possible and you're not interested in trading in your HDS for a Novatac or the new HDS Twisty design, you can always go to Lighthound and purchase a new switch.

aceo07

Enlightened
When I attempted to go through Novatac I was told they don't have spare parts and that they would apply a credit towards a new light. I didn't want a Novatac, I liked my HDS just fine. It appears others experience has been the same, others has been different - as was yours slvoid.

Getting it fixed may be not be likely, but you never know until you try. If you're told it's not possible and you're not interested in trading in your HDS for a Novatac or the new HDS Twisty design, you can always go to Lighthound and purchase a new switch.

Seems odd that Novatac doesn't have spare parts and Lighthound has a good supply of spare parts...

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems odd that Novatac doesn't have spare parts and Lighthound has a good supply of spare parts...
Doesn't it? Don't waste your time with Novatac and send them a signal with your wallet, instead let Henry take care of it. It will be interesting to see what will happen. Let us know would you? :sick2:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I decided not to buy a Novatac when they came out and with the issues with Henry and the warranty of EDC's I'm glad I didn't. I wouldn't buy a Novatac now for any price. When they purchased the EDC line they agreed to warranty all the old EDC's...they didn't do that so I won't give them any of my money. I have a feeling that in 5 years Novatac will be a dim memory i.e. they'll be out of business. And don't be asking Henry to warranty the Novatac lights either...he's got enough on his plate getting the Ra Twisty plus accessories to market. Can't wait.