ARC LS Mods - Which Reflectors?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I need helping choosing reflectors for 2 LS mods. One is a LUX TWOH & the other is a SSC USXOH. Both have .18 resistors added to the stock board.

The TWOH currently has a SO17XA & I was thinking to put a Khatod smooth reflector in the other. But then again I really want to use McR-18 & McR-18 Seoul reflectors. For some reason I just like the look of the OP reflector in a light better, like it looks sexier or gives the light more character.

The SO17XA already gives a nice smooth beam. Not sure how the Khatod's beam is. So not sure if I really need OP reflectors. Will I still have good throw with the McRs? I want to keep both lights looking similar to each other as cousins if you know what I mean.

I've already got the McRs on order & will order some Khatods too. What do you guys think? Thanks

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently converted my 2 LSs from Lux 1s to SSCs, and went with Khatod 17mm smooth. I think it gives a good smooth beam with a medium size and medium smooth center hot spot. It's different and smoother than with Luxeons. Not as smooth as an HDS. With Khatod you don't have to trim the legs off like IMS which works with the original Arc retaining ring better. On other lights, I cant tell much difference between the IMS and Khatod 17. I have no experience with the McRs.

Can't imagine why you would keep the Luxeon in there, tho.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Master Darkzero is back!!
Welcome back.
:twothumbs

I only have experience with the McR18's in the LS (beautiful beam) - depending on your stack length, you'll need to sand about 1 - 1.5 mm off the front end (that'll make it flush with the bezel "lip", and help reduce the stack length (if you need to reduce it, that is). If you use it for the Seoul, you need to sand 0.03" off the back first for focus, and then tackle the front end to fit.

The Khatod reflectors are really nice too, but I haven't used them in the LS. The OP version gives a wider, smoother beam than the McR's, IMO. The smooth version is not unlike that of an IMS17.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Master Darkzero is back!!
Welcome back.
:twothumbs

I only have experience with the McR18's in the LS (beautiful beam) - depending on your stack length, you'll need to sand about 1 - 1.5 mm off the front end (that'll make it flush with the bezel "lip", and help reduce the stack length (if you need to reduce it, that is). If you use it for the Seoul, you need to sand 0.03" off the back first for focus, and then tackle the front end to fit.

The Khatod reflectors are really nice too, but I haven't used them in the LS. The OP version gives a wider, smoother beam than the McR's, IMO. The smooth version is not unlike that of an IMS17.

LOL, wow someone remembers me! Thanks Miguel! Feels good to be back except the spending money part. You've always make me feel welcome here! :twothumbs:twothumbs

I figured the McR-18 would be similar in length to the NX-05. Well 1-1.5mm is not too much. I guess I'll go with the McR-18 going by what you've said. If the Khatods are not that much different from IMS17 then no need to buy some. I still have some IMS17s in my stash. sanding those will be simple enough.

Thanks again! :thumbsup: