LeefBody Tailcap Thread Issues?

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap threads on the second production run of LeefBody C-C bodies are not aligned with that of the SF C series. They are in fact, too shallow to allow for proper contact engagement with certain tailcaps, including the Leef McClicky. Current workarounds include using copper, or brass spacers, magnets and extending tailcap springs to make the appropriate contact with battery ends. Hoping this peculiarity is resolved in the next run of C-C and C-M in HA. That said, does the first run of LeefBody bodies exhibit this particular trait?

harddrive

Enlightened
Arhhh, that's why my LEEF McClicky won't work. I gave up and put the leef tail cap on another surefire and am using the Surefire clicky on my Leefbody. Would be good if someone can come up with a simple and reliable way to solve this.

Overall I am very happy with the Leefbody and will probably buy more but this issue is a little disapointing especially considering the cost of the Leefbodys.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some 18650 C-C bodies from the new run, this year, and they were not reliable with the Surefire twisty or click switches. They would only turn on when they wanted to, or not turn on at all. The Surefire twisty and click switches are brand new, current production. Too bad that I could not use the 18650 with my SF bezel and tailcap. Hopefully another run will be better and will fit perfectly and run reliable to SF bezel and tailcap.

DM51

Flashaholic
adamlau, I see you made some posts last month in this thread, which seems to have been about a very similar problem.

Is what you and the others are now discussing here different in some way, or have you posted this new thread because you did not receive a satisfactory answer in the previous one?

It would help to know, just for clarification.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was merely curious if there were others (beyond posters in the Homemade and Modified thread) who were experiencing similar issues with the second run, and whether or not the first run exhibited the same peculiarity. If not, then I would be inclined to post my interest in a first run body while contacting Lighthound regarding appropriate spacers for the current run.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
That's fine. It is an interesting topic, and it is reasonable for the thread to stay here for a while. It may be an idea to merge them later, depending on how it goes.

1M1

Newly Enlightened
I had that issue.

I just ran the cap on and off a few dozen times with a dab of Ultrabrite toothpast on the threads (rinsing and cleaning the threads every so often) till I got a full engaging fit.

Basically it is lapping the threads to fit to each other.

I figured these things happen in custom made components, so I might as well deal with it by hand fitting.