INNOVA XO @ Target ERROR?

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
hey guys just went over to Target to kill some time while my gf and her lil sister went around... well went to my favorite aisle and started looking their lights to see if they had any random sales... NOTHING!

but i noticed that there are two Innova XO: a 1.5 watt and a 4.6 watt version. so i thought to myself thats strange so i checked the bar code on the back of both packaging and looked at the number on top. they're both the same so i guess they're both the same price? so i scaned both on those price check points they have all over the store and sure enough they are both the same price at $39.99 :whistle:

that got me thinking is my store the only one that has this mistake or is the lowwer wattage light and older model they have in stock? i checked flashlightrevew.com and saw a similar packaging but a little bit different... its in the updated XO ver 2.o but the only different in the new packaging is that it list how many watts the light uses the one on the web site doesnt have that printed on the packaging and Doug doesnt say how many watts his product review is running.

or was i out of the loop and a XO ver 3.o & 4.o came out that i didnt kno about? but either way i thought this might be a good deal to you guys out there if this is a good thing :wave:

:EDIT:
i went back to Dougs site and forgot to mention that this is not a XO3 and that the both lights uses reflectors and NOT the TIR lens system

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
Well, about 3 weeks ago my local Fry's had the XO 4.8W (not sure you saw 4.6W or 4.8W) on sale for $25.99 from original $39.99. Target is alsway more expensive compared to Fry's if not on clearance.

Marduke

Flashaholic
h

or was i out of the loop and a XO ver 3.o & 4.o came out that i didnt kno about? but either way i thought this might be a good deal to you guys out there if this is a good thing :wave:

Yes, you were out of the loop. Not only that, but Inova is upgrading AGAIN this year with K2 TFFC emitters.

Big surprise, they aren't changing model numbers, we just have to make educated guesses as to what we are buying.

It was only about a week before Christmas at my local target that they finally ran out of the X1 V2's, and their stock is now replaced with V3's, which should last until Inova has released V5's :ohgeez:

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
Well, about 3 weeks ago my local Fry's had the XO 4.8W (not sure you saw 4.6W or 4.8W) on sale for $25.99 from original $39.99. Target is alsway more expensive compared to Fry's if not on clearance.

awwww man that sucks! do you live in the bay area? used to love going to Fry's every chance i got when i was little but they dont have Fry's over here in Virginia Beach but what ever

Marduke:
haha wow yeah havent been really keepin up with whats Innova's got but yeah i heard about the new "K Series" (is that right?) they are comming out but i havent checked if they got anymore pictures out or what ever

so do you guys think its even worth getting the "older" XOs they got at Target for $40? i was gonna go buy them if its worth while. while i wait im going to go dig up any info i can find about them

thanks again guys

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw that too. From the store's perspective, it's the same item, just upgraded. Don't think they really care. From our perspective, it's kinda cool!