Anyone took a pic of the Twisty at SHOT ?

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
I want to ask you guys for a picture of the new Ra Lights Twisty, other than the one at the website. I heard (readed) that they presented at Shot Show 2008.

Thanks in advance! :twothumbs

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
Didn't go to SHOT but I did see a twisty at CES. I think it was called "Ra" or something like that. Fairly impressive since it could focus the cree pretty well...so well that you can see the parallel lines inside the square shape (when shining on a wall). Sorry...still no pics. :(

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't go to SHOT but I did see a twisty at CES. I think it was called "Ra" or something like that. Fairly impressive since it could focus the cree pretty well...so well that you can see the parallel lines inside the square shape (when shining on a wall). Sorry...still no pics. :(

Is it possible that you maybe are remembering two different lights here? The Twisty uses a reflector, and the behavior you mention about focusing is inherent to very tight optics (to the best of my knowledge). Do you have any more info?

PS - I could be wrong, my wife can vouch that it's happened before...

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took what he said to mean that the reflector does a good job of focusing the light. Not that you have any control over said focusing... Just my take.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure that the reflector does a good job, however, the characteristic of the parallel lines showing in the hotspot is, to the best of my knowledge, only associated with optic-focussed lights.

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
That's the HDS light that some of us are anxiously awaiting, isn't it?

Yes, it is!

Here's the pic from their website:

Twisty.jpg

gunga

Flashaholic
It seems to be an interesting and very rugged light and a decent price point.

I just wish they could make it a little less fugly.

Maybe polishing that bezel, or something?