What is the Rolex of Flashlights?

Buff

Enlightened
The Rolls Royce of illumination?
The Gold Standard?
Everything made usually has a brand that is the top of the heap. The pinnacle. The king.
I just wondered Which brand would be considered the most respected and no doubt most expensive flashlight brand out there.
To me a well built light under $100 is what i look for. All the features i want and decent lume in the at least 1000 lumen range. As i've searched other companies i have seen prices exceeding $1000. Got me to wondering where the top is?
Buff

Buff

Enlightened
Ok. The question is what name brand is considered the holy grail of lights?
Like rifle scopes. Tasco, Simmons are budget scopes and do the job. Step up to a nice Nikon they are good. Luepold getting there but there is one company that sells a scope that tends to be worth more than the rifle itself and by a lot. The brand escapes me because i would 99% never buy one.
That said which company makes the flashlight only a few can afford?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'm a simple guy like simple lights cool dependable but not fancy . But the Rolex of watches to me would be hanks lights

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends what your needs are. For my needs, Nitecore is currently the best. If you need the brightest light imaginable, get an Imalent. If you want name recognition that everyone knows how to use, get a Maglight. If you want style, get an Olight. If you want durability, get a Surefire, Malkoff, or Promethius. If you want efficiency, get a Fenix. If you want bright, relatively cheap, and good build quality, get a Klarus or Acebeam.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. The question is what name brand is considered the holy grail of lights?
Like rifle scopes. Tasco, Simmons are budget scopes and do the job. Step up to a nice Nikon they are good. Luepold getting there but there is one company that sells a scope that tends to be worth more than the rifle itself and by a lot. The brand escapes me because i would 99% never buy one.
That said which company makes the flashlight only a few can afford?
CoolFall Tri-V

The most interesting thing is that the Rolex owners themselves are quite satisfied with the SF and Olight, but they also mention Tri-V

Any flashlight can be made the most expensive if you add the appropriate engraving

Buff

Enlightened
Ok now we are getting somewhere. Great insight.
With these answers it gives me more direction to my search.
As a sub category to my question, is there a "Best of the Best" major dealer out there that stands above the rest. If my questions breaks any rules about advertising on here I apologize I'm just searching for options to find out what's the best to average to budget lights and the best places to buy them. I already have learned about a few places that sell a variety of some of the lights mentioned which has been so enlightening no pun intended.
Buff

Buff

Enlightened
In watches it's Swiss Made mainly as the top watch makers and those that are 100% Swiss as some claim that yet blur the line with some of the rules.
What country dominates the flashlight/light world.
Not including the junk like the 4 packs of LED lights you buy at big box for $19.99 or the $3.99 truck stop lights.