Mag 4D Mount Options ??

fluke

Enlightened
I am after a way of mounting my 4D Mag in my car, preferably on the door so it is easy to hand.

I've had a search on ebay but not found much.
Any ideas people ??

Thanks

dougie

Enlightened
My service issue Mags for vehicle carry and supply the normal Maglite plastic brackets which come in a set of two. To my mind whilst these are adequate they are not aesthetically pleasing or particularly strong.

At home and on a duty belt I've used a Lite-Lok which was made by Safariland but is now sold under the Nite-ize banner. These things are great as they take loads of punishment and keep the light secure. They have the advantage of looking good and can be mounted on a wall or belt easily.

Personally I wouldn't ever consider carrying a 4D Maglite on a belt. Come to that I don't think I'd ever belt carry a D size Maglite anymore as they are too large and cumbersome. However I have the C size Lite-Lok and a modded 2 C cell Maglite which I would belt carry if I didn't have access to something better.

If you check out the Nite-ize web site I'm sure you can see the Lite-Loks on there.

Doug

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM me your address and I'll send you a set of Plastic Mag brackets (or a set of SS brackets which are stronger but will mar the finish).

fluke

Enlightened
Thank You :D
You have PM, but, I am in the UK, so I understand if you don't want to ship here.

Lite Loks over here are $38 + shipping :eek: :eek: