will we see a p7 drop in

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
just as the title states, will we see a variety of p7 dropins?

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I hope so... but the increased physical dimensions means that something interesting is going to be done... I'm thinking, possibly using an optic?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope to see one too but I'd guess it'll be more than a couple months before they're in the wild. It will likely need a reflector specifically designed for it. Dunno how well an optic will work on a quad die. Never saw and optic used on the old Lux V's. Rumor has it Cree will have a quad die out sometime this year as well. :broke: :mecry:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read in other posts that the P7 focuses better with a deep reflector. I suspect other manufactures will be manufacturing LED's with similar characteristics to the P7.

300-400 lumen quad cree drop in sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MarkIAlbert

Newly Enlightened
What about driving the p7? Can a single 17670 or 18650 adequately drive these LEDs? I have a 3 led (P4) Peak First Responder that chews up and destroys low quality RCR 123s and cannot run at full power (around 3amps, I believe) on an 18650. Best config for that light is a pair of 18500. Even my single Q5 MRV digital needs more than a single 18650 to fully power itself.

With a 2.7 amp draw (is that full power on the P7?), I think a decent, reasonably priced drop-in is going to take some thinking about power sources.

Last edited:

winston

Enlightened
Aren't these emitters strictly Surefire-only for now? Maybe some of the salient details of the SF/SSC partnership eluded me; that happens sometimes.
-Winston