We need to talk about Olight

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Being completely independent can be a great thing, but there's also something to be said for having honest people with contacts within companies that are willing to speak up when needed.
Been my experience that such creatures don't actually exist. But I always keep an open mind. Thank you for the heads-up. I'm going to be spending a lot of time on that channel before reaching any decisions.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
I own just about evey Olight made. I have never had a single issue with any of them. They are my favorite flashlight maker. I do hate the new trend towards non changeable batteries and the new switch location, I'm a tail switch kind of guy.

I put lights to hard use, I've dropped them in oil, antifreeze, trans fluid, gas, diesel and even battery acid. I literally crused one legnth wise and though I could no longer remove the battery the light still worked perfectly. That was my fault left it stuck to the bottom of a large fork lift carriage while I was replacing hoses, forgot it, lowered the carriage from 7' and crunch. Dropped them from a few inches too 60 feet high. Lost one in a freezer, 1 year and 3 days later, it was recovered by an honest worker who brought it out and asked if it was the one I lost awhile ago. I knew the date thanx to Amazon storing purchase info. Battery didn't survive, but it was low on charge also. The light still working.

So for me I will always be an Olight fan, but I'm also fan of other brands and even a few cheap lights, they all have a purpose no matter the brand. I now buy cheaper made lights for work, but I will spoil myself with a nice one every now and then. Nitecore has become a favorite work light, great pocket-sized, durable lights. Have many of those, but I'm currently trying out the baton 4 with charger case and I gotta tell ya I like it a whole lot in spite of the switch location. Just my 2 cents