Who plans to buy an Arc-AAA GS? Sounds like a big performer for the size. USA made.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
My camo Arc-AAA with the premium LED that they come with was very bright. The new model with the Nichia GS LED promises to be twice as bright. This is the first time I've been excited about a new flashlight coming out in awhile!

http://www.arcflashlight.com/

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This version of the ARC does look promising, I look forward to it's release date!

Mayo

kramer5150

Flashaholic
OK thanks for the link.:thumbsup:

At first I was :thinking:-Hmm... something doesn't add up here. A ~$50 light that only emits 10.5 Lumens:thinking:? Then I read AND thought about some of its design strengths... AAA cell, DC-DC regulation, 100 feet waterproof, typeIII anodize, stainless contacts, USA made, lifetime warranty. A lifetime warranty on a KEYCHAIN EDC light gets a big thumbs up. I have never had a keychain light last longer than 6-7 months, and that includes the mag solitaire I had a few years ago.

I'm not in the market for a keychain EDC at the moment, but perhaps some day.

I wonder why they didn't use a Nichia Jumbo for (perhaps) even more lumens... and decent run times.

kavvika

Enlightened
I just bought a DS this morning! Well, it was used and a very good price, so no regrets there. And I typically don't buy new lights, and I was more than satisfied with my Arc AAA Camo (-P), so no, I don't plan on buying a GS.

paulr

Flashaholic
I will probably buy one. It's not supposed to be 2x as bright as a DS but might be 2x as bright as a CS. Anyway, this is not a light you buy for cheap lumens. It's a keeper and a classic.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Anyone know where I can find out specs on the Nichia emitters? I have no idea what the difference is between the CS, DS, and GS...

Any help... then I might buy one since I lost my Fenix LOD.

Thanks,
RC

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sounds very cool !

:popcorn:

Now, if Peter would only offer that new circuitry
which ArcMania (michael jordan) has developed . . . .

:devil:

_

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be buying one.
nichia site lists the DS as 27,000 mcd and the GS-K1 as 30,000.
Good grief, I remember when 10,000 was good.

Now I want a Bluish-Green Arc with a NSPE510GS.:party:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all threads started in LED Forum about Arcs just automatically get moved to the Arc forum? No wonder a lot of people don't know about them.