Amex bill of $1653, LED hobby is so expensive to start, should I get LF2X/E1B now?

BMF

Enlightened
Am I crazy? After adding all purchases on the statement I didn't believe myself that much. It's about the price of my recent laptop purchase. The problem was I bought more than 1 of a lot of cheapies from Kai, DX. And also lots of batteries type and chargers. And I didn't buy any tools even I have nothing yet. Not sure how much more if I get meters, solders irons, lux/lumens reading, good camera, ... Well, I just don't want to think about it for now, may be for a while.

Back to topic, I'm eyeing those two and not sure which one to get first. And please don't make me buy both! Or should I stop for a while to cool down after a deep starting purchase for this hobby? Honestly, my head is still saying: get them! We already spend that much so why not ... I think someone needs to stop me ...

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:caution::green::crazy::sick:

STOP ! ......... Take a break / cool down , reevaluate your needs .

Save some money for FOOD

and don't get evicted ...... be :cool:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just occured to me, are by any chance Samuel L Jackson?....and does BMF stand for what i think it stands for? :crackup:

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
was just wondering....but in an effort to be more on topic..

i think you should stop! 1000+ a plenty speant..+1 on the food! lol

Crenshaw

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it doesn't take away from food, clothing, or shelter, by all means, continue. We're all big boys here.

You don't want to know what I spent on cigars last year.

Wilkey

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adds up very fast ! :ohgeez: Probably a good idea to step back and take stock.In the end only you know what you can afford to spend.;)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair point, not going to ever sell my fenixes though :D, only one i sold was to a non-flashaholic so i could get the Q4 version.

Crenshaw

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this $1,653 one month's bill or the total cost spread over many months?

I myself have spent about $2,000 on lights, batteries, chargers and accessories, but over an 8 month period.

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
It just occured to me, are by any chance Samuel L Jackson?....and does BMF stand for what i think it stands for? :crackup:

Crenshaw

How come you're living in Singapore and know so much about Samuel L Jackson movie :laughing:? I didn't even know what you're talking about until I asked my boss' son, a movie buff once willing to be a director in Hollywood, and I think I know what you mean now :crackup:? I'm watching quite a lot movies but didn't realize that ...

BMF

Enlightened
Site was acting up, double post.

Last edited:

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
We already spend that much so why not ... I think someone needs to stop me ...

Okay, I'll be the voice of reason--the little angel on your shoulder...Get in control of your finances so you don't end up selling off stuff at a serious discount. Try buying things with money to back it up. Would you rather have an axe of debt hanging over your head or a cushion of cash to sit on?

It's an exciting time in the world of technology--things get faster, brighter, more feature-packed and "cooler" everyday and to top it off, generally at the same price or cheaper than before! And right along with this amazing technology rush is the fact that anyone can get a credit card(s) and rack up debt like never before.

Enjoy your new hobby or hobbies, but not at the expense of going into serious debt. It's hard to enjoy life being debt-ridden or broke.

Sorry sound like such a fuddy-duddy, but I speak from experience.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come you're living in Singapore and know so much about Samuel L Jackson movie :laughing:? I didn't even know what you're talking about until I asked my boss' son, a movie buff once willing to be a director in Hollywood, and I think I know what you mean now :crackup:? I'm watching quite a lot movies but didn't realize that ...

Lol, why wouldnt someone living in Singapore know about Samuel L Jackson Movies? :thinking:

its actually more because im a starwars fan that i know about the BMF thing..and downright funny it is too..:crackup:

For those who might have missed it, Samuel L Jackson had the letters BMF engraved on his Mace Windu Lightsaber...what it stands for, youll have to find out yourself..:D

Crenshaw

psyrens

Newly Enlightened
I start to hate myself of spending so much money on the lights I might even have a chance to use.
But, on the bright side,
I think it's still better than someone spending money on gambling or slot machine.
At least you have your lights, batteries, and chargers in your hand.
You can give some of your "old technology" lights to your friends or family members and be a nice person :)
Also I'm glad I got some knowledge about batteries and electronics (not enough:() while collecting flashlights.
And I like to hang out here too:whistle:

BMF

Enlightened
Is this $1,653 one month's bill or the total cost spread over many months?

I myself have spent about $2,000 on lights, batteries, chargers and accessories, but over an 8 month period.

Yes, that's one month's statement :kiss:. I didn't receive all the lights and accessories because of Chinese New Year though. Just received this moring 2 orders have been shipped.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can afford it, why not?

As others have said, use cash. If you need the miles/points on your AMEX, then use the cash to pay it off immediately.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
In answer to your question...

...by them both! If the new Lite Flux is nearly or as nice as the MJP Extreme III, then it will be a great light to put on your keychain. I don't have a E1B and I don't plan on getting one, but you should:naughty:

Next month, spend $1600 on 3 Ti McGizmo lights and you will find true happiness!