Thanks Electrolumens received 5 watt Luxeons

TripleDouble

Newly Enlightened
Mine has arrived as well. E, thanks again for seeing this through.

Now for the fun...

NightShift

Enlightened
Got mine this Monday, thanks Wayne.

One thought on these: the emitter is bright and white as hell, but the NX-05 optic lens is kinda disappointing - my 1W with the old optics has almost the same spot intensity. There is tons of sidespill with the NX-05 on the 5W, either that or it is making the beam very wide so the light has to be collected and focused better to make an impressive spot. Maybe somethin like the 30mm optics...

Something interesting I tried..I got the star to produce 1/2 volt by shooting my royal blue beam onto the die and it is either glowing or lighting up (with the little voltage produced).

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Not fair...I'm still waiting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

- G!mpy

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine on Saturday. It uses the 30mm optic, and it still has a pretty wide beam. About the same brightness as the 30mm with the 1 watt (which, I believe, is the best luxeon/optic combination), however, there is much better illumination all around. The hotspot isn't all that brighter, but it has more flood characteristics with a pretty good spot.

Hemingray

Enlightened
Still waiting for mine, I'd guess today or Saturday. Usually USPS Priority from CA to NH is 2-3 days, but maybe the mail tortoise is a heavily loaded this week ;-)

/ed B

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Blaster V today. Quite bright. If you back the head off 1/2 turn the dark spot goes away. Supposed to be able to fit another o-ring in there. Mine is snow white beautifully finished. Will be great for camping, power outages. CandleMode? You need a lamp shade.

Very usefull and elegantly desinged light.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I didn't get in on the group buy (before my time), but I did get one that Wayne posted on BST due to cancellation(s) in January. Recieved it yesterday. Thanks Wayne! (Wait'l you guys see this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Larry