Biger than DBS thrower

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Are there any LED lights out there that are larger than the DBS and have alot more throw but still not to big?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen any reflector based LED lights with more throw, but there are some aspheric set ups that can out throw the DBS.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
An aspheric lens is a lens that is designed to prevent spherical aberration.

For our use, it's a lens used to focus the LED's light into a long throwing beam. How far and how wide the beam angle depends on the size and focus length of the lens(smaller = less throw, longer focus = narrower beam but also less light hits the lens). How hard the LED is driven also plays apart.

Last edited:

cal..45

Enlightened
Are there any LED lights out there that are larger than the DBS and have alot more throw but still not to big?

none that I'm currently aware of, at least not something ready-made. you could mod a maglite, but when it comes down to size/output/throw/runtime ratio I don't think there is much competition for the DBS ( Tiablo A8/A9 and Lumapower MRV come close).

regards, holger

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
none that I'm currently aware of, at least not something ready-made. you could mod a maglite, but when it comes down to size/output/throw/runtime ratio I don't think there is much competition for the DBS ( Tiablo A8/A9 and Lumapower MRV come close).

regards, holger
You can see a direct comparison of those lights here.

c_c

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you want more throw than the DBS in a similar sized reflector-based light, looks like you'll have to mod a DBS :)