Shortest SSC P4 optic/reflector?

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Hey guys... I just modified my Underwater Kinetics Q40 mini from a side emitting LuxIII to an SSC P4. While I love the floodiness of the light...

So yeah, what is the shortest, most compact reflector or optic you guys know of? Height is an issue with this mod. These LEDs should have ridiculously shorter options compared to the Crees.

Greg G

Enlightened
I don't know if it's the shortest, but I can give you the measurements on some IMS 20's I have. It measures 14mm for it's overall height. It adds 10mm to the height of the emitter when measuring from the top of the black base on the Seoul.

HTH.

copperfox

Enlightened
This probably doesn't help you, but the reflector in the Kaidomain AAA SSC "buckle" lights is very small. I will measure it when I get home.

Edit: 5.5mm tall, 13mm diameter. It sits with the silicone dome inside it, so combined height of SSC u-bin emitter with the reflector is 7.93mm

Only problem is, you'd have to buy as many lights as you need reflectors, which is wasteful. Then again, you could rig up a spacer to replace the buckle's light with and re-sell them as a poor man's mule to recoup some costs.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've swapped a few side-emitters for Seouls (the 712L and Argo HP), and after some dremeling, the stock reflectors seem to work even better on the new emitters than the old. Have you played around with the existing reflectors? The emitter will generally have to move up into the reflector a bit.

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I've swapped a few side-emitters for Seouls (the 712L and Argo HP), and after some dremeling, the stock reflectors seem to work even better on the new emitters than the old. Have you played around with the existing reflectors? The emitter will generally have to move up into the reflector a bit.

The problem with the old reflector is that it's aluminum and extremely short (something like 7mm tall). It's also extremely wide - so much so that one cannot focus a lambertian properly.

Using a buckle light is an interesting idea. I may do that.