Tell Me You Don't Like This?

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
While searching for a new flashlight to go with my newly ordered AW14500 protected rechargable from LightHound, I saw this DX:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4624

I felt like the bug in the movie who saw the bug-zapper for the first time.. "It's soo beauutiful....".

If I had my druthers, it would be a simpler 2-mode (high-low).

Anybody own this? Do you like it? It is probably too long at four and a half inches for a easily-carried EDC, (at least in my pants pocket). But I don't care. I have ordered it.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the single stage one.

I bought two... one worked.. the other didn't. After many emails for a replacment I gave up and took it as a lost.

But the product does look good and is fairly well built.. if it works.. you'll LOVE IT!!!

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those were real popular about a year ago, called the "Elly". They first came with generic LEDs which people exchanged for Seouls and Crees. DX then started selling them already modded with better reflectors and lens.
I've never had that one, but modded an Elly myself.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 VERY easy to mod. The star is just sitting there on top.

Those were real popular about a year ago, called the "Elly". They first came with generic LEDs which people exchanged for Seouls and Crees. DX then started selling them already modded with better reflectors and lens.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
I have the single stage one.

I bought two... one worked.. the other didn't. After many emails for a replacment I gave up and took it as a lost.

But the product does look good and is fairly well built.. if it works.. you'll LOVE IT!!!

Called the Elly.. so this is the "Elly" i have been reading about in various threads. I too hope it works.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened

So this may be the first mod I will attempt. I take it a thread already exists documenting the modding journey?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
So this may be the first mod I will attempt. I take it a thread already exists documenting the modding journey?

There are a lot of threads. Use the google search window at the top of the page, word it Elly.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
The re-incarnation of Elly is the Romisen RC-G2; all in all, it is better made than Elly and is cheaper and also actually available for purchase. Both of them can be modified very easily. With the right driver, you could have light which will work on both 14500 and regular AA, unlike Elly which works on only one type.

- Vikas

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like it; switch is bad, build quality is bad... There really isn't much good to say about it really..

I had one one being DOA, got it replaced a few weeks later...

There are a lot better lights out there...

Sverre

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I dont like it either. Cheap looking machining and finishing IMHO. Perhaps the www pics are not doing it justice?

I'm not one for polished shiny torches, unless its a strike bezel and you are wanting to use it as a visual threat to deter attackers.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
The re-incarnation of Elly is the Romisen RC-G2; all in all, it is better made than Elly and is cheaper and also actually available for purchase. Both of them can be modified very easily. With the right driver, you could have light which will work on both 14500 and regular AA, unlike Elly which works on only one type.

- Vikas

I like our new G2. Like to make it nice and bright. Bright. Not sure how though. I will be looking at modding one for fun..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't like it(the light in the first post), because you can get it at KD for $2.50 cheaper(well, similar light), link. :)

There is a lot on info here about modding the RC-G2.