And the waiting begins

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just sent PILA some money by Paypal
I ordered the GL2R and GL3R, the 2 will have red Leds. Also ordered the clickie switches and a few spare lamps. I'm getting the battery for my Surefire.
I did not order chargers as I have the AC & DC chargers from Wolf Eyes.
Jennifer at PILA has been great. She threw in the charger extensions at no charge for me and the nylon holsters for the G2/G3/G4 at no charge even though my G4 is really the Wolf-Eyes and was not purchased from PILA. I did order spare lamps for the G4 from her. My total invoice is a little over $300.00 including the shipping but this should be close to a lifetime supply of lamps for the 3 flashlights.

I am very impressed with my G4 , I hope the others are as nice. The G2 with red LED's will be a great secondary light on duty, the red LED's will be perfect for locating "stuff" at night in the patrol car without blowing my night vision.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets just say the guys I work with are surprised that a flashlight the size of the Stinger can outblast the SL20 and run for a longer time between charges. They of course think that anything over $100.00 is stupid when it comes to a flashlight. Some of the guys I work with still carry the MAG 3D cell light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
that doesn't surprise me about their attitude toward anything over $100. simply because magcharger and streamlight have dominated the market and it's hand in hand with leo. however, if you want something significantly smaller you gotta give to get.

do you miss the ability of the sl/mag to double as a club?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Club ?? It's an illumination tool.
The M90 is just heavy enough that it can act as an attitude adjuster if needed. You gotta have the right tool for the rigt job.

Last night we had to clear a building, my partner had a MAG 3D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif . His batterys where of course low. When I hit the hallway with 135 lumens he looked at me with a perplexed look then bitched because our night vision was gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
officers i've known perch their sl/mag on their shoulder. if it's warranted all they have to do is bring it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif, instaclub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and when they're on the ground, you have more reach to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif