What is your favorite STAINLESS STEEL led flashlight?

yalskey

Enlightened
Ok, aluminum has it's place in the flashlight world, but there is something about that heavy and shiny stainless steel goodness that draws me in.

So, what is your favorite STAINLESS STEEL led flashlight?

Maybe you don't even own the flashlight you are talking about, but you can still love it from a far.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm new to flashlights, having been aware, up until a month or so ago, of Maglites and the Surefire 6p and G2, the SL Scorpion, and not much else. Well dive lights, but I haven't done that in 20 years. I'm only aware of two stainless steel lights. I just ordered a stainless Ultrafire C3, and not having received it yet, don't have an opinion. I do understand there was a limited run of stainless Fenix Civictors made. I have an aluminum v1, and think a stainless would be great. If they ever make some more, I'll grab one.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to get a SS Peak Caribbean. The size is just right to carry.

While the size is right, I found it a bit too heavy.

Perhaps if I weren't carrying a multitool and other EDC items I would have been more willing to carry the SS Caribbean.

caribbean-ss1.jpg

Last edited:

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
I just got an Ultrafire c1 that uses R123 or primary 123. It has a highly polished finish and the output is between my P1 ce and P2d. It is more of a thrower. I really like this light. I have many other lights that are more expensive but this little light keeps me coming back to it. By the way it is slightly smaller than my P1. I guess the stainless allows for strength with thinner material thickness.

aljsk8

Enlightened
Im a huge stainless steel fan

my fav is my custom photonfanatic stainless steel light https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180670
next is the civictor stainless steel
i also have a few of the c3 ss which arnt bad

for fans heres a list of the ones i know of

civictor ss
jetbeam clone ss
fenix L1+ ss
gatlight ss
lots of peak models in ss
ultrafire c3 ss
ultrafire c1? ss

then there are other one offs and a few other dx / chinese ones floating about

Alex

aljsk8

Enlightened
yeah its a "steel" at that price

i prefer a lot of the other lights for the heft - the c3-ss is still a bit thin walled but it is the best $20 ive ever spent on a light

you really have to hold some of the more expensive lights to appreciate them

1 day i hope to get a lathe and make my own stainless steel lights

Alex

paulr

Flashaholic
I only have one SS light (Peak Matterhorn) and it weighs so much I rarely carry it. I have a few titanium lights now and while they cost a lot, they have the same attractive attributes (strength, appearance, corrosion resistance etc.) with much less weight.