Ken Good/Strategos lights

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody hear anything on this new line of lights?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Nope. Sometime last year (I wish I could find the thread), I said that no one would see any "product" until Q2-2003. I got my nuts busted big-time and was put thru the ringer for that comment. Well, Q2 is less than a week away.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am very eagerly awaiting his line of lights. it will be great to have direct competition with surefire.

Blikbok

Enlightened
Ken seems to be rather wise in being quiet until whenever.
The forum seems to punish talk without product worse than waiting for a product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
I said that no one would see any "product" until Q2-2003. I got my nuts busted big-time and was put thru the ringer for that comment

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that thread well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Blikbok said:
Ken seems to be rather wise in being quiet until whenever.
The forum seems to punish talk without product worse than waiting for a product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right. i also know surefire is not happy with its future competition one bit. it's well knows amongst sf's distributors if you carry strategos you will not carry sf. nice threat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I will say it again. I like Surefire lights, but I have no love for the Surefire Company. At some point, they will realize that public perception can be more important than temporary income.

I welcome competition. The G2 price drop I attribute to competition. It will be interesting to see how the playing field looks after Strategos steps on it, especially considering their perspective as users before they were retailers.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Here is Ken's description of Strategos's first offering.
This post is from 12/18/02

Brightnorm

Hey guys.

Our first releases will not be earth shattering in terms of technology...they do not need to be. Great lights, reliable, well priced. We are going to try and get of to a good start by establishing a good relationship and reputation with our current and future customers and endeavor to keep that in constant view. Rather than bite off the whole thing and choke, we are going to focus on creating a few excellent systems and move from there as resources permit and market communicates to us.

Fundamentals:

1st Phase 6-volt lithium battery sytems – 2 sizes

Lamp Assemblies:
95 lumens - A patented shock isolated technology on the Lamp Assembly - This thing takes a beating and keeps shining.
Quality control on the lamps is extremely high
Lamp replacement will be well priced
Clean, bright, white beam focus and shaped for tactical environments

Guaranteed Waterproof to 30 meters – tested to 60 meters no leaks
Easy to replace Pyrex lens
Cool carrying device(s)
Aircraft Aluminum Body/Head
Type III Hard Ano Finish – Black
Great Momentary/Clickable Tailcap Switch
Laser Engraved Logo/Name

Final body designs will be simple. The more technical machining, the higher the price….It's that simple. We are going to go for function first, style second.

2nd Phase: Polymer 6-Volt Systems

Developing 9-volt systems as well as Modular Weapons Systems that include a wide array of switching options. Other weapon systems are already in the queue.

We are not interested in being followers for too long. So in that spirit we are already pushing the technical envelope in a couple of areas. Once the prototypes are done, we are going to rigorously test them with end users and release if successful. I am extremely optimistic on a couple of concepts.

We will also forge ahead in the rechargeable area as well.

Not bad considering we made the decision to develop our own line fairly recently.

I hope to have the first releases ready for purchase/distribution by the end of Q1 – 2003.

We have the capability to ramp up production substantially in relatively short periods of times if these initial systems turn out to be popular. Game on--------------------

Respectfully, Ken J. Good
President of Strategos International

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I will say it again. I like Surefire lights, but I have no love for the Surefire pricing.

Blikbok

Enlightened
...and no love for the spotty selling of individual parts. Viva la Compaticion!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amen. I could do with the open sale of spares parts for my SF's but I also anticipate the release of the Strategos lights greatly.

Any SF reps viewing this thread, just like the media, we build you up only to tear you down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
sf is sueing every angle to keep strategos from getting off the ground. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I hope Strategos locks on to the *old* SF strategy of the modular system. The newer line of products has so many holes: A19 in HA, abandonment of the rechargable kits, etc.