• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted: Someone to modify my longbow module

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to modify my (crudely) gutted longbow module into something much much brighter. What I have in mind is either one of the new k2s, or a seoul P7 to run in my longbow Eco. I would power it with 3x123 or 2x17500s. I will be buying a PR turbohead from the shoppe shortly so it will be using an MCR27 reflector with a widened hole. I am looking to drive the led roughly between 1.2-1.6 a with some kind of buck converter and somehow make it two staged (hi and low). Now obviously I dont know how to apply any of these ideas since I dont have the tools or the handiwork so I was hoping someone could help me. I will pay for the necessary materials and services.

Some pictures of the gutted module

img0437or5.jpg

img0439zu0.jpg

img0441tz0.jpg

img0440fv9.jpg

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grounghog66 is getting in the business
He does nice work!:twothumbs

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, mine looks exactly like that after removing all that epoxy from hell. I'll just get a McCapsule from the shoppe...

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I've already built a McCapsule for mine but I'd like to gut my original module as well. Were you guys able to salvage the electronics or was it covered in all that black epoxy too?

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've already built a McCapsule for mine but I'd like to gut my original module as well. Were you guys able to salvage the electronics or was it covered in all that black epoxy too?
Its all covered in that darn epoxy...The cables are all still there, except from the positive battery contact wires that got yanked , like you c in the picture from Mags... Its all a nice ball of epoxy with some cables sticking out of it.. gimme a sec and ill get a picture up...

And here it is:
dsc05281az7.jpg

The white and yellow cables are anode/cathode the black one is ground , and the battery positive comes out of the bottom of it and sticks to the button on the white plastic part , which makes contact with the battery. It should still work, just need to remove some epoxy from the bottom and reattach the battery positive cable.

Last edited:

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, looks alot like mine. As for gutting the darn thing, I recommend leaving the module in boiling water for about 10-15 min. That will make the epoxy soft and pliable and it should pull off easy. I only left mine for about 5 min and had to resort to chipping away at it for a little before it came off all at once. Even then there was still some epoxy left that covered the holes through which the wires go through.