Problem with G2 tailcap switch..

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
I have a problem with G2´s tailcap.
Yesterday G2 with P60L went out. G2 lights the module only very very dim and finally didn´t light any more.
Here´s what i found:
-I switched tailcaps between G2 and 6P and they work 99% fine with each other´s lights.
-G2 with its own tailcap work only when it is almost unscrewed, at very last threads it makes contact, in position where it should not make contact because it is LOTC.

Nothing wrong with lamps/led or batteries, problem is G2 tailcap. Is there anything to do by myself to tailcaps? I have thought that these kind of switches are bomb-proof.. well nothing seems to be in hand of human being.:laughing:

I bought both G2 and 6PL from this ebay seller with 99.9% positive feedback, lights were brand new and never opened.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thats a first. If its anything like the 6P, its not really a switch, just a metal plate and a battery contact spring. Tighten the cap so the plate contacts the body to turn it on.

-Make sure the head is tight and the P60 lamp are making solid contact to the body. I thought I had a switch cap problem once and it was the P60 not making contact.
-Make sure all springs in both the tailcap and P60 are making good contact.
-Make sure the tailcap, switch plate, contact springs and ends of the body tube are clean. I use isopropyl alcohol and a paper towel to clean all electrical contacts.

If that doesn't work, just give them a call... they're 15 minutes from Disneyland in fountain valley.

roymail

Enlightened
Yep, I agree... it's a contact problem. Take it apart, clean all contact parts and put it back together. Before you put the head/bezel back on, use your index finger and thumb to push down on the lamp module. With the tail switch in the "on" position, it should light up. If it does, you don't have a tail switch problem... your P60L is not making good contact. Give it a try. :D

kramer5150

Flashaholic
You can also take the switch-cap off and jump a wire across the body to the Negative battery contact. That can help you determine if it really is a switch problem or something else.