NDI second run recieved...improvements! +pics

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just recieved my replacement for my dead EDC.. .
I have now got a second run Nitecore Defender Infinity, and i believe im one of the first few to recieve one? anyway, time to report findings..sorry for the lousy photos, its from my mobile, but no access to another cam a the moment.

DSC00475.jpg

firstly..the Strong Light sign is gone, no more warning not to point the thing in your eyes. :naughty:

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

and the EDGETAC-Nitecore logo (the star thingy) is now gone too..
DSC00479.jpg

i actually miss this, although it was put i a weird place, they could have found somewhere better to put it.anyway..

and heres the shocker..

see the spare parts packet in the first photo? notice something?
DSC00476.jpg

yes, the Nitecore now aparently comes with a spare switch.

In short, my edc is back, and im happy :)

Crenshaw

EDIT: I just realised i posted this in the general forum, if a mod would kindly relocate it for me to led flashlights.. :) thank you..

Last edited:

Empyfree

Enlightened
Nice! Glad to see they've got rid of the graphics. You don't happen to have a Jetbeam Jet Pro to compare it to do you? That's the only similar light I have and I'm considering getting one of these as well!

e2x2e

Enlightened
Awesome!!! I'm still waiting, very eagerly, for TADgear to get them in stock. Can't wait!!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Glad to see they've got rid of the graphics. You don't happen to have a Jetbeam Jet Pro to compare it to do you? That's the only similar light I have and I'm considering getting one of these as well!

i nearly got one in HK, but my mum made me pick between a JBP-1 and a Tiablo A9. I was in need of a proper thrower, so..:shrug:

i might add that it was my OWN money...but you know..mums...

Crenshaw

pbs357

Enlightened
Nice! Glad to hear you're back in the club Crenshaw! I wonder if the first run lights with all the markings will be come collector worthy? Better take care of mine just in case! Although I don't think anyone will miss STRONG LIGHT, I like the star markings too...

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear you received your replacement Crenshaw. :thumbsup: One quick question. How's the tint on this one? Can you tell any difference from the first one from memory? Just curious.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Now when I find the coin I'm going to have to get a Gen1 version becasue of the Strong Light branding!

Glad to hear they finally got you a replacement though.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good Crenshaw. :) Glad you got your EDC back. Nice to see they are including a spare switch, just in case. :)

Zeige

Enlightened
GratZ Crenshaw, glad to see you finally got your light :)

Hope Tadgear gets them soon, maybe this is a good sign?

scottaw

Enlightened
Spare switch seems very strange to me. Just make them tougher, rather than giving everyone 2. And is it simple enough to change yourself? I forget exactly how to access the switch, i sold mine awhile ago.

Either way....the missing markings are a huge improvement, hopefully nitecore keeps it up with some new products.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Good news, glad you got your NDI back. I need to see about getting myself a spare switch, although since I took mine apart, cleaned it, sprayed it with silicone spray, it's been working great!

This is gonna be odd, but I'd kinda miss a logo on the bezel portion of the light; I use it to line up a good place for "user" mode. On my model, lining up the Strong Light with the NiteCore logo is about the perfect spot.

Empyfree

Enlightened
i might add that it was my OWN money...but you know..mums...

Crenshaw

Lol! I still live with my parents, but they find out about "purchases" after they arrive, and usually after I've applied the Pricing rule (Take the purchase price, halve, then round up and add a .99 on the end) so that they don't freak out! :faint:

Everett

Newly Enlightened
Is there any improvement to the overly-sensitive low battery warning on this batch?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the kind words everyone..:)

Lite_me, from what i remember the tint is roughly the same, just a touch cooler then my P1D-Q5 and T1. Only VERY minor, only noticable if you are compareing side by side.

Zeige,i would say this is a good sign, although you guys might have to wait slightly longer as im nearer to them then tadgear is.

Scottaw and Marduke, i suspect that the spare switches will be a main stay in the second run, because my box looked totally un-opened from the factory, yep i got a whole new box...:twothumbs, and im not sure, but the switch feels slightly stronger, only just a touch, so little that it might just be psychological..:shrug: maybe...lol

Khaytsus, i think they could have actually put the Nitecore logo on the non-knurled part of the head...that might have been nice actually.by the way, i requested 2 extra switches from Edgetac before my NDI died. I woudl send you one, but im gonna try putting it in the SS C3 first, if it doesnt fit ill send you one if you want. But you know, just PM Edgetac over at Marketplace, they sent them to me for free +shipping.

Empyfree, well im still in school...so...:D...although im working now while waiting for my applications and stuff to get thru, everyone wish me luck :eek:, cos thier front office seems kinda unreliable...but thats OT...

Everett, ill tell you once i actually run the battery down..lol..

Sir Lightalot, there is one thing interesting....

This NDI, the CREE looks different. All of you get out a light with a cree in side. Look at the cree, you see that most of it is coloured yellow-green, even the actual. emitter/diode right? well for some reason, the cree in my NDI is silvered! when i look inside, that area all around the emitter/diode part is silvered with something. The emitter it self is still yellow-green, but everything else is silver! i guess it helps with the light transmittence forward, but i was quite shocked. I felt like there was something different when i looked at it, but couldnt seem to put my finger on it, until i compared it to my other cree lights. Dare i ask, is this maybe an R2 emitter?! :huh: I cant post a pic right now, what with my lousy camera, and in at the office, but its kind of bizzare yes? and it might be an optical/psychological illusion, but the actual emitter/diode inside looks smaller then the Q5 on my P1D-Q5

and one last thing, the front portion of the main body where the head screws on, now all looks to be plain ALU, where the first run had a brass/gold colored strip at the base of it.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
oops, that might be it..heh...just as i was all excited..but i honestly have never seen that before, how strange...and i have p4s,q2s, and q5s on various sized connection boards lying around..

is it a good or bad thing?

yes, the DIE, was looking for the right word, just kept missing it in my head..

Crenshaw