Driver Wiring Woes

beetleguise

Enlightened

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
Boards are likely all the same design, just different in how many modes are available. Here is the wiring image for one on the DX website http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.7612~threadid.37866
If this doesn't match your setup you might want to post an image of your board so the eggspurts here can look it over and help you out.

Scroll down at the above link and the solder pads are :
"(LED) Solder POSITIVE (+) to D1, NEGATIVE (-) to Q3"

Good Luck

Last edited:

beetleguise

Enlightened
original.jpg

Thanks, so if I am not mistaken, the positive goes to any hole sharing the center ring, and the negative goes to the outer ring. The led wires are as shown d1 is +, and Q3 is -. This is how I will wire it tonight, unless any egg heads out there think this is bad.

SnowplowTortoise

Newly Enlightened
If you plan to glue the board to a heatsink (which I think you should), it helps to solder all of the wires to the same side of the board. You can see in the photos towards the end of this thread how to do that. Basically you put the battery negative to any of the gold through-holes around the perimeter of the board, and the battery positive to the two through-holes in the middle of the board.

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=192418

Good luck!

beetleguise

Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I wired it up last night, and now my 1c aspherical works great! No more deteriorating over-driven, direct-drive LED! I just am having a hard time cylcling throught the 3 light levels. This was supposed to have sos, but I just get three levels. It is hard to control, because it switches twice from each push of the button. It goes to one level when it goes in, and as you release the button to the hold on position, it changes to another level.
Still, I am happy. I also used a ton of the brightest glow powder I could find and this thing will light about 10 lumens in the off position now!

SnowplowTortoise

Newly Enlightened
I had this exact problem with one of my lights. Download pointed out that the problem can be fixed by streching out the fatter spring in the switch. Worked like a charm!