• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McGizmo Ti Mule Wide Tail SOLD & McLux III PD Slate SOLD

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

mule.jpg

McLux Ti-Mule Mizer version in perfect condition. This has a rare wide tail. Never carried. Kept in a cotton case. Green trit in the tail, Ti clip, total titanium and perfect in every way. Last batch of Ti-Mules with Cree P4. Low approximately 30 mA, high 300 mA.

$440 Sold to rkJr

slate.jpg

McGizmo McLux III PD Slate, It is the Slate aluminum version with a Ti bezel and clip. I bought this light directly from the original owner. If you are looking for a mint PD, this is not it. This light has a UV1J emitter in it, which is the warmest tinted LED ever made, and he had to pay extra for the premium bin. Not many were made with this bin, and they certainly are special. I have had a Seoul to swap into the light, but never did as the tint was too amazing in the UV1J. No other LED will offer better color feedback than this one. There are some wear marks at the head and tail, but the rest of the light is fine, and of course it works flawlessly still.

$275 Now $250.00

Sold to
Tim W

First to post, "I'll Take It", wins.
PayPal add 3%
Shipping $5.00 plus insurance
CONUS only

Last edited:

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti Mule Wide Tail & McLux III PD Slate

The PD looks so tempting, but I guess the one and only reason I'm not rushing to buy it is that I'm guessing this is a Lux III emitter in there and I am not ready to spend that much on a light with that kind of output, although the light is still hard for me to pass up.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

I'd definitely give this one a second look. The last time I went camping, I brought along a number of different lights to try out (surprise!). Although I had my PD-S (an ostensibly "better" light with its Seoul LED), I greatly preferred the tint of my UV1J, Lux III PD. It simply rendered colors better outdoors. The light output on high is still plenty for most tasks, and the tint is a real thing of beauty.

Don didn't make a lot of PDs with the UV1J led - snap this one up!

- FITP

The PD looks so tempting, but I guess the one and only reason I'm not rushing to buy it is that I'm guessing this is a Lux III emitter in there and I am not ready to spend that much on a light with that kind of output, although the light is still hard for me to pass up.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened

What's an estimate of the output? Compared to something like an L1 Cree

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti Mule Wide Tail SOLD & McLuxIII PD Slate - Price Drop

There is nothing wrong with the output of those Pd's.
Just because it isn't a Seoul or a Cree doesn't make it a bad or useless light.
I often carry a PD with a LUX III emitter. The tint is nice. I get two decent levels of light and runtime is decent.
As a long time supporter of the PD I will say that they are very fine flashlights. In many ways they are the gold standard of custom and semi custom flashlights.
BTW You can always install a new emitter into the light. At the current price it makes this light close to a bargain even if you have to spend a few more bucks to install a Seoul emitter.
If I had the dough and needed another PD I would buy this. I am actually surprised it is still here.
Yaesumofo

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti Mule Wide Tail SOLD & McLux III PD Slate - Price Drop

I've got to echo yaesumofo's post. I just recently aquired my PD, and I am yet to put it down! It immediatley became my EDC, and I think the two levels are perfect. I am not sure that I would change the levels even if I could do it myself! Just for the record, I think mine is a UXIK.

This is a great light for a really decent price.....better move fast if you are on the fence, cause I have a feeling that it will not be around much longer!