Yet another post about the everled....

zmoz

Enlightened
I've been reading bits and peices here and there about this Everled. Sounds interesting to me...I have a 2D Mag, and beleive it or not it is still using the original bulb! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Anyway...$40 seems like ALOT to pay for a lightbulb, espeically to someone who likes their money as much as I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will this thing put out as much light in a 2D as it would in a 6D? How long can I expect from the batteries? How much brighter is it than the original bulb? And is that a LS in it?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for my EverLED to arrive but after reading just about every post that mentions it plus the manufacturers website, it would appear the brightness will be the same in a 2D as a 6D.

The only benefit to using a 6D would be greatly improved runtime.

<font color="red">***EDIT***</font>

Just noticed, someone else had the same question (and got an answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Look Here

Short Circuit

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it is much better than the 2 cell bulb, brighter, true white light with MUCH better battery life.

I really like mine> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
And does anyone anticipate a price drop now that the big rush to get them is over? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
zmoz said:
Is that a luxeon star that it is made out of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, It's based on a 1watt LS side emitter.

soloco

Enlightened
The best benefit is that it makes good use of your 'dead' batteries. Regular LED bulb replacements were able to make use of batteries that Xenon and Krypton bulbs could no longer use. The EverLED goes even further. You could put 6 'dead' batteries in a Maglite and drain them down to probably about 0.5V each while providing decent light. That's pretty amazing.

Just wish it was a Lambertian. I don't like the light pattern coming out the side-emitter.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also disappointed they only provide side emitters (will probably still get a few later on). Probably a patent issue. Anyone know for sure?

Cheers.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
monanza said:
I am also disappointed they only provide side emitters (will probably still get a few later on). Probably a patent issue. Anyone know for sure?

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC-Ledsupply has said that they plan to offer the forward style emitter (and other additional variants) in the future.

soloco

Enlightened
zmoz~
SEs do send out more light that hit the reflector than HDs. So total candlepower out the front of the flashlight will theoretically be higher. BUT the emission pattern with the SE is so strange and irregular that the beam from a smooth reflector will usually yield rings. Very unattractive; especially when a HD will yield a beautiful smooth spot and even corona with almost any reflector. IMHO, of course.