E1b head on a L1 body?

sourcehill

Newly Enlightened
Is this possible? I like the function and size of the L1 tube and tailcap but want the black, 80 lumen E1b head. Will this work? Thanks in advance guys!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
NO !!!
The E1B has the electronics in the head while the L1 has them in the body and uses a "dumb" head.
Not compatible.
bernie

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
It is possible, but not without modification. This means you would have to disable the driver circuit inside the L1 body and have the positive lead run directly to the head. The dual stage tailcap from the L1 would make the E1b head a 4 stage light. It can get annoying cycling through the modes due to the momentary switching of the twistie tail. That's why the E1b has a clickie switch. If you really want to do it, it can be done, but it would be pointless.

Buy an L1 and changing/upgrading the LED would probably get you what you'd want.

Turt

Enlightened
By the way, I believe it is generally accepted that the output between the L1 and E1b are very similar. I only have the L1 but from what I have been reading, it doesn't seem like the E1b is really brighter. I think the L1 has underrated lumens ratings.

Size15's

Flashaholic
By the way, I believe it is generally accepted that the output between the L1 and E1b are very similar. I only have the L1 but from what I have been reading, it doesn't seem like the E1b is really brighter. I think the L1 has underrated lumens ratings.
Indeed. There is variation sometimes the individual L1 is brighter than the individual E1B. Sometimes the opposite.