Surefire special edition?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, took crap last time I brought up a Surefire CPF special edition, but then I got to thinking and had a problem - what would it be? An Aviator? Tricked out Combatlight? Lumamax something? The Beast? a pink Hellfighter? Maybe a 10 watt HID in a 6p body?

We certainly won't get one until they have some idea what we want. :D

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
it would probably be a Ti Titan With Blue tritium somewhere on it...and CPF SPECIAL stamped on it..would be out of the price range for most people though...

much rather have a UB2 with a CPF logo next to surefire...

Crenshaw

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the P61L rated at?
Think they'd make a P62L one of these days? My money is on it happening whenever the Next Big Thing in semiconductors hits. Maybe it'll hit 275+ lumens?

Actually, it may be a bit on the EDC side, but what about bringing back a run of the 3P, with a suitable LED module?

They'd need to find something with a nice bright light and a lower forward voltage than this generation, though.

USM0083

Enlightened
What's the P61L rated at?
Think they'd make a P62L one of these days? My money is on it happening whenever the Next Big Thing in semiconductors hits. Maybe it'll hit 275+ lumens?

Actually, it may be a bit on the EDC side, but what about bringing back a run of the 3P, with a suitable LED module?

They'd need to find something with a nice bright light and a lower forward voltage than this generation, though.

The P61L is supposed to be 200 lumens. Torch lumens if SF follows their standard practice, which would put it at about 300 at the emitter.

kavvika

Enlightened
M9? Am I missing something?

If Surefire were to keep this CPF special edition under $100, to make it more accessible to the majority of CPF, what options would they have? E1/2e, E1l, G2/3 or 6/9P? What about a black E1l? The black E1e's are pretty sought after for their apparent unavailability, and black A2's fetch a huge premium, so how cool would a black E1l be?

Edit: I just realized a black E1l can be LEGO'ed with an E1b and black E1e, but cost may be prohibitive to some. And it wouldn't have a CPF logo on it either. Or, what if Surefire were to try out a new nitrolon light on us? Such as, a nitrolon executive series? Or maybe some new colors? I know the orange Fenix E01 is pretty popular, and a bright orange anodized Surefire would definitely turn heads.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another question, even assuming the $100 cap - tactical or practical? Meet in the middle?

Also, since this is fantasy-land, how about a bezel-down clip? Am I the only one who desperately wants one?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: I just realized a black E1l can be LEGO'ed with an E1b and black E1e, but cost may be prohibitive to some.

The E1e-BK and KX2-BK would be a better combination since you can use RCR123 3.7 volt rechargeable in it.

e1l-bk.jpg

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be happy if Surefire would just let us buy the bezel down clips! Make that our special edition.

schiesz

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I agree. But I would love to have a bunch of those clips.

If it were my choice, I'd make it some form of E1L or L1. Special color and/or engraving? Outstanding. What is their policy for minimum orders? Could we buy 500 Blue anodized E1L's?

Make that 500 Blue anodized E1L's with reverse pocket clips! :naughty:

schiesz

mwaldron

Enlightened
To keep it affordable to the most CPFers it would have to be a 6P or an L1 base IMO.

That being said I'd rather see a UA2 Optimus, as the new technologies in that light are more suited to a special edition. Sure it would cost $300, but it would be something we could all be proud of and not just another 6p clone or ML1 host (not that there is anything wrong with ML1's).