Nitecore NDI Switch??

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my new NDI that I ordered on eBay last week. It is the newer version and has no thread problems. However, the switch seemed to jam after about two days. Luckily the manufacturer packed an extra switch in the box. Apparently this is the weak link in an otherwise great AA light. My concern is where I can get replacement switches in the future. I understand that clickies are somewhat hard to get right as seen on many Surefire lights at first. Nitecore obviously realizes this is a problem or they would not have shipped an extra switch. Hopefully they are working on getting a newer version out. Has anyone else experienced this??

Paul
:thinking:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecor NDI Switch??

you can request extra switches from Edgetac over at Marketplace via pm

:thumbsup:

Crenshaw

Abumustafa

Enlightened

I wont say that there is a common switch problem with the NDI as there are only a few i think acouple of complaints about the switch so out of the 1000's of NDI's sold i dnt think they have weak switch's mine is going like a beauty but thats not to say it wont :poof: on me thats the problem with mechanical stuff.

Like Crenshaws says Edgetac have good support :grin2:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Who provides support for this light if puchased from HKEquipment in Hong Kong? I thought it was the US distributer, which is TAD Gear. What is EdgeTac's connection?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm that is strange DrunkenDonut i assumed who ever bought these lights would have known the difference between a Distributer and manufacturer :tinfoil:

Duh, not me. :oops: I bought this thing from HKEquipment. I thought the light was made by Nitecore. Who would have thunk. Their website is Nitecore.com, which I never checked out until now. It says there that Nightcore is a brand name owned by the Edge Tactical Light company, that was established 2001.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened

I just got my NDI yesterday from HKEquipment. My switch is a bit "dodgy" to borrow a word from our British friends. From time to time, I get a little bit of a flicker when I turn it on. I am pretty sure the flicker is occuring when the mechanical connection is made within the switch.

Other than that, I am prety happy with my NDI. I like it much better than my L1D. I am kind of worried about getting warranty support if necessary. I hope I don't need it.

-- Frank

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Duh, not me. :oops: I bought this thing from HKEquipment. I thought the light was made by Nitecore. Who would have thunk. Their website is Nitecore.com, which I never checked out until now. It says there that Nightcore is a brand name owned by the Edge Tactical Light company, that was established 2001.

i know what you mean....i too was confused, but edgtac also has the Raidfire spear..it sounds like two different companies to me..Raidfire and Nitecore...but its really just one, edgetac..lol..it makes me wonder whether there will be other models released under the brand name nitecore, maybe a AAA version?

Crenshaw