Would you buy a G2 Defender - strike bezel & forward clicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmz

Enlightened
Would you buy a G2 Defender - strike bezel & forward clicky?

I prefer the G2/G3/6P/9P in their stock form. I have no need for a strike bezel, or forward clicky, and would rather spend my money on the brightest highest quality LED drop in, or incandescent lamp possible. I'm sure opinions will vary.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
somehow i think nitrolan stikebezels wont hold as well. and even then, using it as an impact device, may weaken the nitrolan (fancy plastic) threads

Crenshaw

generic808

Enlightened
Why not the 6PD Defender? It has a strike bezel and Z59 clickie, and it feels more hefty.

dmz

Enlightened
What if SF placed a 6PD aluminum strike bezel on a G2 Defender.

dmz

Enlightened
Rude comment removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
I thought I would check out this post since I just ordered a Defender tailcap. Is there a reason why you would like to have a nitrolon version? Is it the texture of the light, or the durability of the body in bad weather (like mud, etc.)? TBH, I'm sure the G2 version would hurt just as much as a 6P version, but maybe it just won't be as durable if you're pounding something with it.

greenstuffs

Banned
Last edited:

LumenMan

Enlightened
I prefer the G2/G3/6P/9P in their stock form. I have no need for a strike bezel, or forward clicky, and would rather spend my money on the brightest highest quality LED drop in, or incandescent lamp possible. I'm sure opinions will vary.

Actually, the clicky tailcap does have it's place. It makes the light a true one-handed tool for different lighting needs.

But, with that said I still like the standard "twist-on" tailcaps for their extra durability & less moving parts.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I would not...it would just be $40 bucks less I would have to spend on some other light I would rather have more. Looks to me like Surefire will have some great lights coming out soon. Rather save my money for one of those...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Click swiches (regardless of brand name or country of origin) have a history of premature / random failure. I wouldn't.

The strike bezel could be a worthy investment if you are running a high current P60 drop in, and need the added cooling of an aluminum bezel.

dmz

Enlightened
I have the 6PD. If I was cheap I would not own 2 dozen surefires. I'm into the SF lego like so many CPF members but all you are into is insults, Outdoors Fanatic.

DM51

Flashaholic
It is quite beyond me why a subject as innocuous as this could generate such ill-natured bickering.

I warned in post #10 above that this would be closed if the discussion couldn't remain civil. It hasn't; so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.