Great price on Tiablo A9

ROADSTIR

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new Tiablo A9 Limited Edition Q5 this afternoon.

After waiting until dark, I started playing around with it outside, but was disappointed with the output. Well, that is until I realized I hadn't clicked it twice. Very nice and very tight throw! Maybe a bit brighter than my P3D-CE Q5, but two very different lights, IMHO. The Fenix is much less obtrusive, and sports a few more bells and whistles. The flared head on the A9 will take some getting used to, but that's what makes it throw so well, I guess.

The threads felt a little gritty when disassembling. The engraving was clear and neat. It came with extra o-rings, a GITD tailcap button, a wrist strap, and four new Panasonic CR123A's. I especially appreciate the GITD o-ring around the lens. Nice touch.

However, it was supposed to include a belt pouch, but it was not in the package. I emailed Scope & Laser this afternoon, and hope they will make arrangements to provide one.

Now, if I can just get a DBS v2 for comparison...

Details of purchase

For the fine price of $49.99 plus $18.00 shipping. It was shipped from Hong Kong nine days ago. It was purchased off eBay-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120245969678&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002
As of today, they are still available in natural and black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Empath

Flashaholic
Calling attention to a "great price" of an eBay auction product, should be done on the Other Auctions forum of the MarketPlace. Thread closed.

Redirected focus of opening post to permit discussion of the light, with source made as incidental. Reopened

Last edited:

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
Fwiw...I've read about 31 different posts/ads/descriptions for A9's, and I saw the one to which you linked as well. I believe the "Package Include; belt pouch" is a misprint.

Further -- and this was done under the belief that a sheath would NOT be included when I eventually ordered mine -- I asked around a fair bit to other owners for recommendations for a sheath. I received several replies, and not a single one said "Oh - the A9 comes with a sheath!"

So. While I'm here, I'll pass along what others were kind enough to share with me:

Ripoffs CO-188

Also, Tiablo makes one, but/and it has a micro-pouch on each side for a pair of spare CR123's. Imho, this makes the pouch awfully wide, but there you are. Up to you.

HTH.