Dereelight 3SD reflector question (for those who have both the SMO & OP)...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I currently have the OP reflector and am impressed but would like even further throw.

Will the SMO reflector give me noticeably more throw over the OP?

Thank you once again fellas.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
I currently have the OP reflector and am impressed but would like even further throw.

Will the SMO reflector give me noticeably more throw over the OP?

Thank you once again fellas.

the smo will give you greater reach, smaller beam. I have tried to reach as far as my Dereelight smo with my new 3SD pill and nothing else I have will do it. btw, It seems that, given the same sizes of reflectors and other similarities, the smo reflector cannot be beat by a OP, regardless of how bright the emitter is running. you'll like the smo.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Thank you muchly. I will be ordering one this evening here. This light hobby is getting to be expensive. I've already spent wayyy too much since joining.

We next door in Sask have some Monster bucks too.

Zenster

Enlightened
I have a different take on this.
I bought both reflectors with my DBS/3SD and it came with the SM installed.
Used it for a day or two like that and then put in the OP and have never even thought about using the SM again.

The Deree lights throw fine, but so little of what I (personally) use a light for is benefitted by just a bright center beam.
Throw is way over-rated for typical uses of flashlights while it's a nice spill that makes a light more useful in almost every instance.
Personally, I wish the OP from Deree would have been made to diffuse a little more than it does already.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Thank you muchly. I will be ordering one this evening here. This light hobby is getting to be expensive. I've already spent wayyy too much since joining.

We next door in Sask have some Monster bucks too.

Boy do you ever have bucks. I see them all the time. Huge, knarly bruisers. What you buying that is so expensive?