solorforce to fenix will i be disappointed?

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Ok need some opinions! I have 2 solorforce R2's. one 5 mode 1 single mode. I bought the 2 extentions tubes, but running 4 cells doesn't seem to make a difference over 2 cells. Anyhow thats a different question. Now my question is...

Will I be disappointed if I assume the Fenix T1 will out throw the solorforce? I'm looking to order the T1 but I would like to know if the T1 will out perform the solorforce? I'm looking for throw with useable spill.

Also, how does the Olight T20 military stack up too the T1?

Any other lights I should consider that use 123's and is under $75

Yapo

Enlightened
The Fenix T1/TK10 should out throw the solarforce...Although the P60 module can be replaced by a brighter/more throwy one or the orange peel reflector can be replaced by smooth one for more throw.
The Olight should have a tighter hotspot and smaller and brighter spill but i dont think it will throw much more than the solarforce.

The jet-II IBS will throw further than the fenix and is smaller as it runs on 1x cr123 but is brighter on 3.7v rcr123 and its also focusable to a floodier beam. Not sure on the Jet-III ibs.

Theres a fair few reviews and threads on throwers you can find if u look around.

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
I'd recommend a Dereelight Q5 drop in with smooth reflector. It will go straight in your Solarforce light and will throw much better than the TK10 (I've compared my 6P with Dereelight drop in to a TK10).

If you want to use CR123 primaries you'll need the 1SM-1:

http://www.dereelight.com/module-list.htm

$26.50 delivered :thumbsup:

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Hard drive,

Thanks for that link, it just so happens that I have an extra solorforce body. I'm gonna order one! For $26 bucks can't beat it. One more question will the 3-16v be brighter if I run it with my 4 cell body, 12v's?

Yapo,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the jet beam. I've read a bunch of reviews on all kinds of lights but i like to hear what people think in comparison to other lights.

Last edited:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
For great throw that's not too narrow as well as very useable spill, I recommend the Tiablo MA6. It throws far better than anything else mentioned so far, and isn't too much bigger. You can read my review in the reviews section of light-reviews.com/forum. Speaking of which, you can find all the numbers, runtime graphs, and detailed reviews on everything you've asked about at light-reviews.com.

If you haven't already ordered the Dereelight pill, be aware that the D pills are brighter and better regulated, but only take an 18650. So really the only reason to buy an M pill is for battery options, and I don't know how much that matters to you.

harddrive

Enlightened
If you haven't already ordered the Dereelight pill, be aware that the D pills are brighter and better regulated, but only take an 18650. So really the only reason to buy an M pill is for battery options, and I don't know how much that matters to you.

Good point. I mentioned the 1SM pill as the OP wanted some thing for 123s. The Digital pill (1S) would be slightly brighter as it is run at 1.2A instead of 1A. The Solarforce body can take a 17670 but a 18650 will be too fat to fit in. I get around 60 -70 minutes using the 1S pill and an AW 17670, a bit over 90minutes with an 18650. Only problem is you can't use primary CR123.

Hard drive,
One more question will the 3-16v be brighter if I run it with my 4 cell body, 12v's?

I doubt it. Probably the brightest option would be one of the digital pills as they are regulated at 1.2A.