Got saved by my flashlight again - found and captured a small scorpion

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a friend's house. He had just moved into a new build, and was unpacking boxes and such.

I helped him move some boxes and items into various rooms. The new rooms didn't have lights yet. I used my Fenix L1D Q5 to illuminate the carpet as I moved from room to room.

In one room I thought the cream carpet seemed a bit odd. With one soft tap I increased the Fenix output from low to medium, and saw it was a brown scorpion. I thought it might be dead since it wasn't moving. I cautiously tapped it with a newspaper and it started moving.

I took a magazine and bashed it to stun it, and then scooped it up into a glass jar with the newspaper.

My friend was very happy I caught it, as that was his daughter's room and she was going to be sleeping there later.

He also was very impressed with the bright output of the L1D Q5, and said he'd be ordering one shortly. :thumbsup:

Superhero flashaholic saves the day again!! :party:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put a smile on my face. Batman ain`t got nothing on you:twothumbs

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, and we have another lay person who has seen the lights....well done!

reminds me of the story at surefire's website..

Crenshaw

maxa beam

Banned
Awesome story. Down here in Tennessee, scorpions are pretty common. One time I was at the local dam taking a jog, and the entire thing is shaded by a huge water-sculpted wall. Anyways, the lighting isn't too great, so I brung along a 6P. Right where I was about to step, a scorpion popped into my path and had it not been for the bright beam of the 6P I would of stepped on it. Nasty critters seem to pop out of no-where at the dam. Probably was hiding in the rocks and got disturbed.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job :thumbsup:perhaps your friend should look into a UV flashlight.No scorpions around here but if it had been me I am sure that I would have to do a UV light search of the entire place.Not at all fond of the idea that poisinous critters might be crawling around my living space. :eek:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all.

Here's a quick phone camera picture of the scorpion:

A UV light is going to be on order very shortly. :candle::faint:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all.

Here's a quick phone camera picture of the scorpion:

A UV light is going to be on order very shortly. :candle::faint:

ther wierd thing is, this seems to be almost what the photonlight UV is deisnged for, at least thats what seems to be thier adverisment. :thinking:

Crenshaw

Illum

Flashaholic
you cooked what with your USL?:crackup:

good job, if it weren't for the white carpet I don't think you could've caught it on the first try :aaa: