Ever lost a Flashlight?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
One time I thought I'd lost my Convoy M1 at the parking lot of the supermarket by my house - the pockets of the pants I was wearing that night are pretty loose, and I had no pocket clip on it. Searched around the lot, looked for it in the Lost & Found, checked both again the following day during daytime, and nope. Nada. It was my only warm white light and my very first Convoy with Biscotti, a firmware I love to bits.
To my luck, one day a full month later, I reached for the sunglasses tray on top of the driver's seat of my car, and bump. The M1! I'd put it in there precisely because I was afraid of the pockets failing it, and totally forgot about it. Happy times ensued :clap: Now that I've learned the hard way, I never forget a torch on that tray if I ever put it there.

One I definitely lost was a Thrunite T10, the old model.
T10.jpg
(Photo not mine)
This one I must have left on the bathroom at work, as I often did. This one I was unconcerned about losing, as it sucked. Far too small for my hands for a torch with a tailcap switch, awkward to hold; the "neutral white" XP-L inside it was very yellow with a hint of greenish (later I'd find out later, that means duv way above the BBL); mode distribution was wack, moonlight was good for nothing, medium mode was too low and high was too high; and the beam was much too wide, it struggled to illuminate anything outside of full blast, even indoors.
I was more gutted by losing the Eneloop inside it, really.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
What did you end up carrying after that?
If I remember correctly I carried my a Pelican M6 2330 for a few weeks before a replacement 6P arrived. I ordered a forward clicky and a Lumens Factory ( I think?) drop in from somewhere, probably Lighthound.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left my Surefire U2 in a car at a junkyard once. Just forgot it in the seat of a Toyota I was was buying some parts off. This was back around 2009, so it was still a valuable piece. Got back there an hour later and nobody'd made off with it. Still have it today.

Not a light, but another prodigal gadget returning was an old Rotring pen I always carried. Lost it for days and thought it was gone for good, but then I found it in the street in front of my house. It'd been rained on and run over but it's still working now.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left my Surefire U2 in a car at a junkyard once. Just forgot it in the seat of a Toyota I was was buying some parts off. This was back around 2009, so it was still a valuable piece. Got back there an hour later and nobody'd made off with it. Still have it today.

Not a light, but another prodigal gadget returning was an old Rotring pen I always carried. Lost it for days and thought it was gone for good, but then I found it in the street in front of my house. It'd be rained and run over but it's still working now.
I have my Rotring 600 0.7mm pencil in my hand at my desk right now. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth suffering my LostGadget paranoia having it at work.

ariep

Newly Enlightened
I have lost:
1. Zebralight SC52 - I was very sad. I loved that light. It fell out of my pocket in one of my kid's rooms. Somehow never managed to find it. No idea where it could have gone to.
2. Fenix LD15R - A gift from my wife and kids to replace the zebralight. It fell out of my pocket while out and about, despite using the clip.
3. Olight Baton S3 - Didn't know my family was getting me the Fenix, so I bought it to replace the zebralight. Also fell out of my pocket despite using the clip. Now I carry my EDC all the way inside the pocket, despite the presence of a clip.

Buff

Enlightened
Some bad luck there? I wonder if we can put a locator chip or one of those Apple things on our lights so we can find them if lost?
Edit: ok humorless people 👆🏽this was a joke….
I expect more out of this bunch?

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have lost:
1. Zebralight SC52 - I was very sad. I loved that light. It fell out of my pocket in one of my kid's rooms. Somehow never managed to find it. No idea where it could have gone to.
2. Fenix LD15R - A gift from my wife and kids to replace the zebralight. It fell out of my pocket while out and about, despite using the clip.
3. Olight Baton S3 - Didn't know my family was getting me the Fenix, so I bought it to replace the zebralight. Also fell out of my pocket despite using the clip. Now I carry my EDC all the way inside the pocket, despite the presence of a clip.
Get you a good belt holster.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

ariep

Newly Enlightened
I don't think he has to go that far to avoid losing his light. :crackup:
Yes, I think I'll pass on the internal body storage options.

I only seemed to have an issue when the flashlights were clipped to my pockets. When they are fully inside the pocket (zipped/flap closed/open), they stay secure.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Whilst food shopping I lost my Lumintop Tool AA. Back home it wasn't where it was supposed to be, so I drove back to the store and asked if it had been handed in. As I was talking to the manager I realised that I had just put it in another pocket! Did I feel stupid?

MatthewMurdock

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently down 2 lights. I am not concerned because I think they fell into the void....... otherwise known as the backside of my desk and I really don't want to start pulling stuff out of there.
I'm so happy. I found both of my missing lights this week. Earlier in the week, I found one of them in an old work backpack that I occasionally rotate through. The other one I found this morning in my disc golf bag. I never had the "OMG??? where are they??????" feeling so I knew they would turn up eventually.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I'm so happy. I found both of my missing lights this week. Earlier in the week, I found one of them in an old work backpack that I occasionally rotate through. The other one I found this morning in my disc golf bag. I never had the "OMG??? where are they??????" feeling so I knew they would turn up eventually.
That's a happy occasion :clap:

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I shipped my Aleph 3 out for a new light engine and as of now, the USPS has lost it. It was delivered to a different business and I'm having a hell of a time getting it back. As of now, it's trapped in the wrong office. I bought a Malkoff to replace it but I sure hope the Aleph shows up. It is a hard light to replace.