Tiablo Bezel o-ring

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
Would a 40mm x 1.5 mm oring be the appropriate size to replace the gitd ring on the tiablo a9?

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
I was just told by the tiablo rep that the proper size is 42mm, I then asked whether that was I.D and they said yes. Tell me this does not make sense because the lens on this is 41.8mm so the oring will fit right over top of it if it was 42mm....

Al Combs

Enlightened
I was just told by the tiablo rep that the proper size is 42mm, I then asked whether that was I.D and they said yes. Tell me this does not make sense because the lens on this is 41.8mm so the oring will fit right over top of it if it was 42mm....

Do you still have the original? If so, measure that. I don't actually own an A9, so I can't help you there.

Their answer does make sense if you figure fitting inside the bezel will cause it to be slightly compressed. Over time it might actually take on the smaller dimension of the bezel. If it were smaller, as you suggest might make more sense, there's a chance tightening to make it water proof might cause it to pop over the edge of the bezel. I have seen that complaint in regards to other lights on the forum.