Zebra headlamp H30-Q5 comparison beamshots

NickBose

Enlightened
It arrived, battery inserted, tailcap closed, button clicked ... nothing happened

So I got the same UI problem or is it DOA?

Tailcap opened and closed few times, waiting about 10 minutes and it turns on. This will be my main close-range light at work from tomorrow. I'll be using it every night for about 2-3 hrs during a spreading period of 6 hrs with 25 to 35 button clicks. I'll report its reliability here.

Comparison shots with 2 other headlamps and since we're talking about close-range flood a 100-LED shower head is included. All shot photos were taken with the same A & E. The object is about 2 meters away.

2552567771_0a11e72577_o.jpg

2553388668_c571f31f40_o.jpg

2552567991_0fb79eccce_o.jpg

2552567889_2abfa25b29_o.jpg

2552567659_329763ca49_o.jpg

Highbeam101

Newly Enlightened
Originally Posted by 4sevens
Hey guys we found some issues with the new units... it's not software related.
The (+) contact has some kind of sticky film on it that prevents
a good contact. Working a simple pencil eraser over the contact clears it up.
If you have issues please give that a try first. :)

Dave,
Did you see this post in the review section?

msxtr

Newly Enlightened
Hi, the 100 "normal" leds flashlight is really very bright. Know you the power consumption of this?

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

NickBose

Enlightened
Originally Posted by 4sevens
Hey guys we found some issues with the new units... it's not software related.
The (+) contact has some kind of sticky film on it that prevents
a good contact. Working a simple pencil eraser over the contact clears it up.
If you have issues please give that a try first. :)

Dave,
Did you see this post in the review section?

Yes I've read this. I actually wiped the Positive contact with some alcohol and let it dried but it still didn't turn on. After I left the battery in for some time and opened and closed tailcap then it turns on.

I also read somewhere that there's a capacitor in the electronic circuit and it requires time to charge up before firing? I'll wait until the next battery changing and see.

NickBose

Enlightened
Hi, the 100 "normal" leds flashlight is really very bright. Know you the power consumption of this?

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

Yes indeed for a flood light, no single LED can beat those huge shower heads until the P7 comes out. I'm sure you can find lotsa info about these, just do a search on something like 100-LED and eBay

Nico87

Newly Enlightened
....don't know if it fits....if ther's a better thread out there to post my post, I'd be peased if a mod could move my post.

Yersterday I got my H30... and as all the people out there witch have one, I like it very much. I expeced it to be a bit bigger, but also to be a bit brighter. Afer using it a bit, I can say that the brightnes is very good for close range work and indoor use, but too weak for mid range work (as expected). The UI is working now, but theres a slightly flicker sometimes when turning it on or changing modes.

The workmanshift is VERY nice. No scatces or anything elst on the body...perfect annoded suface. The only thing noticed is that there were some scratches on the lens out of the box. I'll send ZL a mail about this and report here. Another thing I didn't liked were the non clean (whats the right word?) contacts. On the other hand there was a very small thing I realy liked....the threads were well lubed. It's not a big thing but shows the will to look after the small things.

The Equipment that comes with the light is very nice. Everything is working nice. The headband in bubble-camo is working perfect, eventhough I'd like one in just one color (olive like the light) better. The clip holds the light wherever you sticked it. And the clip sticks to the light very strong...I would have liked the possiability to turn the light in the clip, but this is not possible. So you can't stick it on yout side pocet and turn the head to the front.

Zebralight had a near to perfect service. I hope the'll send me a new light becaus of the UI and lens problems.

At this point I have to praise Fenixstore: I had to wait long for the lights I ordered, but that was not the guiltiness of FS. They gave me the 10% preorder code for both lights I ordered (H30 and TK10). And the put a Keep2go tube in the shipment for free. The service was perfect and Matt always answered as if I had not been a pain in the arse. And I can tall you I was one *g*. So thanks to FS, and keep on doning what you do.

Thaks for reading

Nico

NickBose

Enlightened
I have used the zebra headlight for a couple of weeks now. It has been reliable and it suits my purpose. However I wish it is brighter in High mode.

One thing I learnt: the tailcap needs to be tightened really tight or it will not turn on. I'm not sure if that's the reason why it didn't turn on when I first received it.

Regarding the click button:
- It's a bit annoying when it always starts from Low when you want to change mode: e.g if you're in Medium and hold the button down it will go down to Low, then Med then Hi instead of going straight to High.
- Also I'd rather change mode by tapping, not pressing and holding - but it is probably my preference only.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone reported a coating on the tailcap too. I'd scrub all the contact down real well.