Rings around my spot!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Lumapower MRV Special Edition. I'm a little disappointed with the smooth reflector as it seems to have quite a few rings in it and the led seems to be off center. Is this due to a misalinged LED or a bad reflector. I know that the smooth one obviously will help with this. After looking at some reviews of the older MRV,s those seemed to have no rings or the above problems. Is this normal or is it a problem I should contact the company about?

Please help!

horizonseeker

Enlightened
crees tend to have rings when used with a smooth reflector, it's not going to affect its peformance when you use the MRV as it's intended to be used, as a thrower for distance lighting.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the luck of the draw though with some lights having more rings than others? Even between two of the same lights? Compared to my Regalight WT1 with a smooth reflector, this the MRV is terrible.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the luck of the draw though with some lights having more rings than others? Even between two of the same lights? Compared to my Regalight WT1 with a smooth reflector, this the MRV is terrible.

No use having a light you don't like to use. Ask Lumapower or your dealer if they can do anything.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an older MRV that I modded with an R2 Cree and it had one ring around the corona. It the nature of the beast.(Cree XR-E)
Here is a shot of my old MRV.
light2008030214smallzq2.jpg

When used outdoors at range I would not see the ring.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give it a chance outside tonight as I just got it. The ring I can deal with, but it is CLEARLY way off center / lopsided and it is a little annoying. If I can't detect it outside in the real world, I won't worry about it. But is this offcenter due to the reflecotr or LED?

Dan

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give it a chance outside tonight as I just got it. The ring I can deal with, but it is CLEARLY way off center / lopsided and it is a little annoying. If I can't detect it outside in the real world, I won't worry about it. But is this offcenter due to the reflecotr or LED?

Dan

Can't tell unless you have some pictures.